Undeniably, cruelty-free foundations are a vital part of makeup routines for women. Choosing one can be quite a tricky task, especially since there are a lot of considerations involved. And with the variety available on the market, the variety is enough to blow your brains out. Amongst this plethora of products, drugstore foundations have created for themselves a niche, since they are budget-friendly, easily available – not to mention, they get the job done easily. However, cruelty-free products are the new trend, which is not exactly a bad thing.
Over recent years, the range of cruelty-free brands for foundations has enlarged greatly, and most of them produce drugstore products. To make things easier for you, we have shortlisted some of the best alternatives on the market, from which you could choose the best foundation which suits your skin color and texture, without causing any damage to the skin. The list we have compiled consists of only the brands which produce completely cruelty-free, and have been certified by either PETA or the Leaping Bunny in regards to the same. Read on below to find the 15 best cruelty-free drugstore foundations on the market.
15 Best Cruelty Free Foundations in 2020
1. Best Cruelty Free Foundation: Wet N Wild Photo Focus
Coming in a small square bottle, this product is worth more than its size. It is designed only to make you look bolder and more beautiful. This product comes in a variety of shades. What makes this product more attractive is the fact that it is vegan and 100% cruelty-free. It is made with a breakup through formula hence worrying about smudging will no longer be a problem for you.
- Available for all skin tones.
- Totally vegan and 100% cruelty-free.
- Economical and will fit in right for your budget.
2. Cruelty Free Drugstore Foundation: CoverGirl Advanced
As one grows, the skin starts to show. Aging is one of the most common problems faced by women. This can be your perfect choice if you are one to face such problems. Not only is this smooth but it will also help you reduce wrinkles and any other imperfections on your skin. Since it easily blends into your skin you won’t face any difficulty in applying it.
- It is 100% cruelty-free.
- This is available for all skin types.
- You can use it for daily use as it will not harm your skin in any way.
3. Best Foundation with SPF: Physicians Formula
In order to give his wife, the pleasure of enjoying makeup who was suffering from lupus, Dr. Frank Crandall introduced this brand. Thus, these products are totally hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin. Not only is it ultra-bendable but also lightweight.
- No harsh ingredients that harm your skin.
- It is available for all skin types.
- Long-wearing product – no worries about smudging.
4. Best Foundation with Concealer: Milani Liquid
Inspired from the lives of real people, Milani was born in LA to beautify the real people living their real lives. Be it under eye circles or redness or any imperfections on your skin, this can be your go-to choice for all these problems.
- It is available in a wide range of 45 shades.
- These products are totally cruelty-free.
- You end up getting a complete natural-looking finish.
5. Good Crueltry Free Foundation: NYX Stay Matte
It is a liquid foundation made in a way to easily adjust to all colors and types of skin. Because of the non-greasy composition, you get a perfect matte look even if you have oily skin. The nourishing minerals help in a precise matting formula.
- Liquid Foundation – long-lasting, with a matte finish.
- No mask effect on the application.
- Enriched with minerals.
6. Best for Sensitive Skin: CoverGirl Clean Foundation
As the name suggests, this foundation is clean, green, and will give you fresh feels. It is designed in a way that it is totally fragrance-free and oil-free, suitable even for sensitive skin. If you have pores on your face, this is the ideal choice.
- It is totally hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested.
- Not only is it fragrance-free but also oil-free.
- This product will give you a natural look.
- It is ideal to hide your pores.
7. Best Vegan Cruelty Free Foundation: Wet N Wild Megacushion
Made for providing beauty to all age, skin color, ethnicity, and economic status, Wet N Wild is unique in itself. Certified with PETA, their products are completely cruelty-free. This foundation is a beautiful combination of liquid foundation put in a cushion compact. Apart from being cruelty-free, these products are also vegan. It comes with a blender sponge.
- It is made with a water-based gel formula that provides you a natural look.
- It contains SPF 15 which will give you sun protection.
- Certified by PETA to be cruelty-free.
8. Cruelty Free Powder Foundation: The Body Shop
- It is very easy to blend with a smooth texture.
- This product is not very powdery.
- You can carry it anywhere easily.
- It is suitable for oily and combination skin.
9. Best Cream Foundation: E.L.F Foundation
With a very economical price range, e.l.f cosmetics aims at providing beauty to everyone. Known for its cruelty-free and vegan products, e.l.f is an ideal choice when it comes to makeup. This product gives you a long-wear matte finish and comes with a blending sponge.
- You can carry it anywhere with you.
- Certified by PETA, it is both cruelty-free and vegan.
- Made with HD mattifying formula, it is long-lasting.
10. Best Lightweight Foundation: E.L.F Flawless Finish
True to its name, this foundation can be one of your boldest choices for a flawless look. It glides very easily into your skin. This product is completely vegan and 100% cruelty-free. Not only is this foundation creamy, but also very easy to blend which won’t flake or crease.
- It is perfect for all skin types.
- The products are vegan and cruelty-free.
- Blends easily into your skin.
11. Best Serum Foundation: E.L.F Beautifully Bare
If you want a flawless look that is both beautiful and natural-looking, this foundation is a perfect choice. It is made with a weightless silky formula that melts in your skin to give you a radiant and a youthful look. The ingredients are very natural that will give your skin nourishment and protect them.
- The product is totally vegan and 100% cruelty-free.
- It is free from all the harsh chemicals.
- It is long-lasting.
- This foundation doesn’t easily flake or creases.
12. Natural Foundation Stick: W3LL People’s
With the objective of giving a simple but authentic quality of products W3LL People’s aims at making the best products at a very affordable price. Made with premium natural ingredients, this foundation stick is ideal for a complete mess proof application. It contains no toxic chemicals. Based on plant formulas, it gives the nourishment and protection to the skin, which it deserves.
- It easily blends into your skin to give you a perfect glow.
- It is certified to be cruelty-free.
- This product contains premium natural ingredients.
13. Cruelty Free Mineral Foundation: Everyday Mineral’s
It becomes very difficult when it comes to choosing the perfect base for your skin tone. At Everyday Mineral’s they have come up with a unique solution to this problem wherein they have introduced an advanced naming system making it very easy to locate your match base very quickly. There is a number alongside each base which indicates the depth of the shade with 0 being the lightest and 7 being the deepest.
- The products are completely matte bases to give you a fresh and beautiful look.
- The Foundations are completely natural and cruelty-free.
- They have an advanced naming system to make choosing the perfect shade for you easy.
Loving yourself is the first step to feel beautiful. Flower is totally dedicated to help women fall in love with themselves. Known to be the Best Light Illusion Foundation, it is made with lightweight and breathable formula.
- It contains SPF 18.
- You can match it seamlessly and wear it for a long time.
- It hides your skin imperfections and uneven tones easily.
15. Cruelty Free Full Coverage Foundation: SmashBox
If you are looking for a foundation that will easily glide into your skin, this is your best choice. Not only is it waterproof but also humidity resistant, so you don’t have to worry about smudging. It gives you a matte finish and is oil-free.
- It is available for all skin types.
- Give you a 24-hour coverage with a matte finish look.
- This product is cruelty free.
You May Also Like: Best Cruelty-Free Concealers in 2020
Buyer’s Guide to Buy the Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Foundation
Of course, choosing a foundation can be a herculean task, especially if you’re not used to it. In such a case, it becomes all the more difficult in deciding which product with the ideal features is going to be the best one for you. But there are indeed some pointers which you can keep in mind when you’re out on the search for cruelty-free foundations.
1. Versatile brands with certification
It is important to ensure that the brand you are going for is a versatile brand, and has considerable reliability and market reputation. Usually, the brands which have been in the market for a long time are the ones that offer reliability, as to the quality of the product. Additionally, there are organizations that certify whether the brand actually produces cruelty-free products, such as PETA or the Leaping Bunny. Look for the logos of these organizations on the products to ensure whether the products are really cruelty-free.
2. Research the products and their ingredients
Although most products nowadays are either organic or vegan, just in case, do make sure to look at the ingredients of the products before buying them, and if you do spot something different, a simple google search should be enough to get you acquainted with whether the ingredient is going to be harmful to you or not.
Suggested Read: Best Cruelty-Free Foundations For Full Coverage
FAQs Related to Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Foundations
1. How to check if a brand is cruelty-free?
Usually, organizations like PETA or the Leaping Bunny assess whether the brand actually tests its products or raw materials on the animals or not, and upon satisfaction of the same, they certify whether the company is cruelty-free or not. Looking for their logos on the product can help you in ensuring that. Moreover, you can check a list of 90+ cruelty-free brands to make your purchase decision even better.
2. Is it safe to use cruelty-free products?
If a product is cruelty-free, it only means that the product has not been tested on animals, but the ingredients can still be harmful to your skin. Take note to confirm with your dermatologist before using an ingredient that does not suit your skin type or condition.
3. What is the difference between a cruelty-free and a normal product?
Normal products may have some of their ingredients, or the products itself tested on animals, but cruelty-free products do not have any of that. Upon ensuring that they aren’t, organizations certify the companies as being cruelty-free.
Also Check: Best Cruelty-Free Deodorants in 2020
Opting for cruelty-free products is one way of ensuring your beauty but not at the cost of animal safety. The more and more people start to opt for products that are cruelty-free, the more the companies will be discouraged from testing their products on animals. This list consists of the best cruelty-free drugstore foundations that provide a beautiful touch to your skin, making it look much more refined than before. With some foundations even being vegan, there are a lot of varieties for everyone, and picking any one of them up would be a good buy for you.