Eyes the way to soul, right? They are also a way of telling how old you look, how tired you are, and how awake you feel. Basically your eyes give away a lot and the skin under the eyes is the skinniest and most sensitive part of our body. Making it more susceptible to showing signs of aging.
Introducing a good eye cream to your skincare routine will help you reduce many of the first signs of aging. Age brings in fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, creepiness in this part of the skin first, and keeping it moisturized with the best anti-aging eye cream will help you look youthful and radiant.
Eye creams will also help if you are struggling with dark circles, under bags and puffiness around the eyes. Your skin will be protected from free radical and the skin tone will definitely be more even. Although, all these benefits should not come at the cost of testing done on innocent animals.
There are many cruelty-free makeup brands now that are producing good quality anti-aging eye creams, however, to help you select the best out of them we have curated a list that will make your choice super easy.
Excited enough? Let’s begin!
Best Cruelty-Free Anti-Aging Eye Creams
1. StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate
A regular moisturizer for the area under your eye is definitely a good idea, but since the skin here is so delicate, it needs extra care which StriVectin provides. Their Anti-Wrinkle Collection comprises clinically researched formulas that have been responsible for setting standards for other skincare products.
- Ocular skin technology, NIA-114 technology that is patented, and other wrinkle-fighting ingredients decrease the appearance of lines.
- The lightweight moisturizing formula diminishes under-eye circles, puffiness, and signs of fatigue.
- Also reduces crow’s feet, deep-set wrinkles, and squint lines in just a week.
- You can apply it in the morning and at night for healthy-looking skin.
2. OZNaturals Ultra Ageless Eye Cream
Being one of the only skincare companies in the world that use the Cold Processing technique without using any petrochemicals or heat, OZNaturals make this anti-aging eye cream with fresh active ingredients that are highly potent as intended.
- Repairs sensitive skin and provides a glow that is youthful by its hydration powers.
- Infused caffeine results in reducing fluid buildup thus reducing puffiness.
- This moisturizing cream firms the skin and brightens it by blurring fine lines or wrinkles.
- Free of harmful preservatives, the formula is a non-GMO one with Biopreserve Complex.
3. DERMA E Anti-Wrinkle Renewal Cream
Using Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Renewal cream will only help you to reduce the surfacing wrinkles and age lines with ease. It is a luxurious moisturizing cream that promotes younger and plumper skin.
- Vitamin A (also known as skin vitamin) is potent in this which helps in diminishing lines and wrinkles.
- Wrinkles also reduce with the aid of antioxidant Vitamin E, skin-calming Allantoin and Panthenol, and nourishing oils.
- Visible improvement in the texture of skin, dullness, roughness, and glow.
- Free of soy, parabens, mineral oil, gluten, GMOs, sulfates, lanolin, and 100% vegan.
4. StriVectin Hyaluronic Tripeptide Gel Cream
StriVectin’s anti-aging collection is known for setting standards for other products. Their Hyaluronic Tripeptide Gel Cream combines Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides, Blue Daisy and BioMarine Extracts that help in lessening the appearance of lines and dark circles.
- Hydration power of this gel-cream is intense and it neutralizes visible effects of blue light exposure.
- A blend of their patented NIA-114 that strengthens skin and Hyaluronic Acid, that hydrates the skin thoroughly.
- Also infused with Tripeptide that smooths skin and BioMarine Extracts that reduces lines, dark circles, and puffiness.
- Use it twice a day for younger-looking eyes and better hydration.
5. E.L.F. Illuminating Hydrating Formula
You can now bid farewell to tired and fatigued eyes with e.l.f Illuminating Eye cream. This cream will give you a radiant, soft, and flawless face with its light formula.
- Suitable for all skin types, this deeply hydrating cream nourishes the skin and gives illuminating eyes.
- Jojoba, cucumber and Vitamin E also enriches the formula that reduces dark circles.
- Using it twice a day after cleansing with a daily moisturizer will give the best results.
- 100% vegan and free from parabens, nonylphenol, phthalates, hydroquinone, and triclosan.
6. Alchimie Forever Rejuvenating Eye Balm
This dermatologist formulated and tested eye balm works effectively in reducing wrinkles and lines under the eye. It gives you back your youthful vitality by defending signs of premature aging with its intense hydrating properties.
- Protects the delicate area of skin against environmental aggressors and has anti-aging benefits derived from grape seeds.
- Jojoba and cocoa butter boost moisture and creepiness of the under-eye is reduced.
- Dark circles are reduced with European blueberries and the vitamin K in alfalfa.
- Suitable for all skin types and does not cause milia.
7. Dr. Denese HydroShield Eye Emulsion
If you are looking for relief for your dry, parched, aging skin or experiencing water loss and appearing older than you should, then Hydroshield Eye Emulsion is meant for you. You can apply it as your last step of skincare routine daily and enjoy the result.
- Its AquaCell technology hydrates the skin and keeps the moisture of skin intact.
- Reduces lines, wrinkles, and creepiness of the skin.
- The cutting edge technology reduces transepidermal water loss and leaves a soft, supple skin.
- Certified cruelty-free by PETA.
8. Burt's Bees Eye Cream for Sensitive Skin
Using the power of nature, Burt’s Bees create products with nutrient-rich ingredients that give radiant results. This Eye Cream will reinstate your skin’s natural beauty by moisturizing it.
- The cream is safe for sensitive skin and does not cause redness or irritation.
- It is a natural eye cream that is free of fragrance and has aloe and rice extracts.
- Tested by Ophthalmologists and Dermatologists, it can be used daily to reduce puffiness and soothe the delicate skin.
- Cotton extracts are also used for extra moisture and nourishment.
9. Mirah Belle Organic Eye Cream
This vegan, organic handcrafted cream made with premium ingredients will minimize your wrinkles. It is a powerful anti-wrinkle cream that also protects the skin from external irritants and other aggressors.
- Blurs and smoothens crow’s feet, wrinkles, creepiness, and fine lines.
- Argan oil has essential fatty acids with anti-aging and antioxidant properties.
- Cucumber extracts moisturize and tones down under-eye bags, Green Tea shrinks and tighten saggy skin.
- Vitamin E works against environmental aggressors and protects the collagen of the skin.
10. No7 Multi-Action Eye Cream
The aim of the No7 Restore & Renew Eye Cream is to reduce dark circles under the eye and the puffiness. It brings back the skin’s nutrition making your under eyes appear young again giving an overall youthful look.
- No7’s Multi-Action Serum is a special formula that works to reduce wrinkles, puffiness, and give a radiant glow.
- Its formula is a complex of calcium, amino acids, and ceramides that gives skin nutrition.
- Results in making the eye area appear brighter, firmer, and smoother.
11. Murad Environmental-C Eye Cream
Murad products are targeting towards improving the quality of the skin. This Eye Cream protects the skin from sun damage and blurs the appearance of dark circles and lines by hydrating and moisturizing it.
- Intense hydration protects the skin area from harmful UV rays that result in aging.
- Light diffusers soften the lines and smoothen the skin.
- Formulated with Retinol and Caffeine that reduces puffiness and Stenoptera Butter and Avocado Oil that hydrates.
- Suitable for all skin types and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
Best Cruelty-Free Anti-Aging Eye Cream – The Buyer’s Guide
Many brands claim to be cruelty-free, but you cannot be too sure as these brands use third-party labs or ingredients that are bought from suppliers. Also, just being cruelty-free is not enough, the eye creams should be of high quality and have the proper effect. Choose cruelty-free eye cream only after considering these factors:
1. Is it really cruelty-free?
Your simple research can help you find the brands that are actually cruelty-free. Here is the Leaping Bunny database to help with a bit of research. You can also question the brands if they are certified cruelty-free brands or not. If you want to dig more, read up about the company’s policy.
2. Vegan or Cruelty-free?
“Cruelty-free” label does not make a product Vegan. Animal-based ingredients such as lanolin or beeswax can be present in a cruelty-free product. If a product is labeled “vegan” it means it does not contain any animal-based ingredient, but that does not mean it has not been tested on animals. Hence, research is important!
3. Ingredients for effective Eye Cream
Amino Acids helps in building collagen and hydrates the skin, mallow flower extracts maintain skin’s elasticity, creams with Vitamin A and E, Cucumber extracts, Green Tea, Retinol, essential oils, and other moisturizing ingredients are effective for this delicate part of the skin.
FAQs Related to Cruelty-Free Eye Creams
1. Is eye cream necessary?
Yes, since the first signs of aging appear around the eyes. To ward off dark circles, puffiness, and lines, it is a necessity. Because the skin under eyes is thinner and more delicate and sensitive. A good eye cream will have active ingredients to help moisturize, protect, and repair that delicate area.
2. How can I tighten the skin under my eyes?
A natural way would be to use cucumbers. Also, a good eye cream with amino acids and mallow flower extracts should help you tighten the skin.
3. What popular brands are cruelty-free?
Burt’s Bees, No7 Restore and Renew, Murad, Dr. Denese, Mirah Belle, e.l.f. Illuminating Eye Cream are some of the best cruelty-free anti-aging eye cream brands.
4. Does vegan mean cruelty-free?
Not necessarily. The ingredients may not be animal-based but if the label does not say “cruelty-free” or “no animal testing” then it does not mean cruelty-free.
5. When should I start using an eye cream?
Fit it according to your routine preferably apply eye cream after cleansing and toning and before moisturizing or applying night cream.
A well-formulated eye cream can really do wonders and if you are thinking why after cleaning face using a face wash, toning, masking, and moisturizing you need one, well the answer is just to keep the entire appearance of your face more youthful. Yes, even if you are only above your 20s. You can escape premature aging by choosing a good cruelty-free anti-aging eye cream. Of course, one cannot miraculously look 15 again but with the right cream, your skin will be more radiant. And, going cruelty-free is the only way to do it right. A self-pat is well deserved for making sure animals are not being hurt or killed in experimental labs.