Goat Milk is an ingredient that helps a lot to those having sensitive skin or the ones who suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or any such problem. Ever tried replacing your commercial bathing soap with the natural goat milk’s soap? If not, you must! The formulas can help you tackle many uneasy skin conditions, not just that but also helps in hydrating and moisturize your skin. Sounds good, no?
Now you may ask what about people with healthy skin, does it also benefits them? The answer is simply yes! Soaps made with goat’s milk are filled with nutrients that will nourish your skin and make it even healthier. They’re gentler than most of the commercial soaps you might have used so far. Goat milk’s soaps will protect your skin’s upper layers from exposure to sun and prevent skin damage.
Goat milk soap reviews have been through the roof for quite a while now as more and more people are shifting towards this ingredient. If you are wondering if this shift is meant for you then, let us tell you more about the benefits of goat’s milk soap.
Do you already know the benefits? → Jump to the reviews!
- Goat’s milk has the same pH level as that of the human body, which makes the soap gentler on the skin as it is easily absorbable.
- It has peptides, good fats, and good acids that provide impeccable moisturizing and exfoliating powers.
- Goat milk soaps also are enriched with vitamins and proteins that help in building collagen, protect skin natural barriers, and delay signs of aging.
As mentioned above, goat’s milk benefits are many and the list can go on and on. Dive into further details with our goat milk soap reviews.
Best Goat Milk Soaps to Buy in 2020
1. Best Overall: Caprina Canus Original Formula
Treat your skin to the goodness of goat milk sourced from local farmers that acts as an extremely efficacious skin moisturizer with this original soap formula of Caprina. The soap is cruelty-free, making sure the goats are treated comfortably. Made of a phosphate-free formula that is quite a favorite amongst customers. Your skin will be treated with a mild yet refreshing scent and will not affect the sensitiveness of your skin.
- Non-comedogenic and reviewed and recommended by Dermatologists making it safe for sensitive skin.
- Does not dry out the skin and protects the natural skin’s barrier.
- Fresh goat’s milk is enriched with proteins and Vitamin A, B2, B3, B6, B12, and E that nourishes and hydrates skin.
2. Goat Milk Soap for Eczema: Beekman 1802
Bringing you a goat milk soap recipe from the farms and not labs, Beekman’s soaps are all triple-milled made with botanical-based ingredients. Beekman products are well received because of the care put into them and this is a soap meant for those who want to immerse themselves in a rich, luxurious lather. Free of paraben, sulfate, phosphate, and petroleum, this soap is just simple and clean.
- The soaps start with a vegetable base and goat milk that is rich in vitamins.
- Goat milk has natural anti-inflammatory properties, thus soothing sensitive skin.
- Its lovely fragrance comes from Madagascan vanilla, amber, and warm sandalwood.
- Contains less than 1% of synthetic fragrance and is one of the best goat milk soap for eczema.
3. Best Hydrating Soap: Sunaroma Bar Soap
If you are frustrated with your skin losing its moisture and getting dry because of the cold winter or because of hot showers, then shift your focus to conditioning goat’s milk soap by Sunaroma. It gives scaly skin the proper nourishment it deserves and your skin is left with a radiant glow. Moisturizing powers of this milk soap bar is powerful and lathers up rather exuberantly. Made in the USA, this cruelty-free soap is certified by the Rainforest Alliance and is free of sulfate, paraben, and artificial color.
- As the pH balance of goat’s milk is the same as our skin, it easily absorbs fatty acids and triglycerides.
- Shea Butter locks in moisture and goat’s milk boost collagen production, lifting your skin and making it firmer.
- Manuka Honey cleans up pores and repairs skin on a cellular level making it youthful.
- Dead cells are removed gently with exfoliation to result in smooth, supple skin.
4. Good Goat Milk Soap: Simply Be Well
An adorable gift set of 3 soap bars made of goat’s milk is one of the best products from Simply Bee Well Organics. It is quite a hit with children because of its packaging. The handcrafted soaps nourish the skin and moisturize it impeccably well. The 3 soaps – Almond, Lavender, and Honey Apricot, are best known for its gentle exfoliating properties with some of the finest ingredients such as almond meal, dried lavender buds, and apricot shell. Each of these ingredients leaves the skin refreshed with a rich scent that lingers on.
- Its milky smooth lather leaves a soft and supple clean skin.
- Gently exfoliates the skin and leaves a beautiful, fresh scent.
- Free of parabens, gluten, GMOs, artificial colors, and animal tallow.
5. Best Goat Milk Soap for Face: Oatmeal Soap Bar
Looking for a soap that is all-in-one? Oatmeal Soap Bar from Aspen Kay proves its versatility as it can be used as a body soap as well as a face soap by men, women, and teenagers. It is an excellent addition to your skincare routine. Keeping animal testing at bay, this cruelty-free milk soap bar makes it easy to understand the formula made of natural ingredients. You will not find the common chemicals that are used to preserve the soap and generate rich lather in commercial soaps, with this goat milk soap.
- Made using only quality organic ingredients such as Shea Butter, Virgin Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil.
- Suitable for sensitive skin and contains no skin irritants.
- The cold process method is used in its making and they are hand made in small batches.
- Can be used as a face or body soap or as after shaving soap for men.
6. Goat Milk Soap for Dry Skin: Zum Bar
Goat Milk soap benefits are many, one of which is the presence of naturally occurring triglycerides or what is known as good fats, that helps in rejuvenating the skin. This milk soap bar helps in giving a calm and relaxing sensation. Since goat milk is naturally homogenized, it moisturizes the skin better and is gentler than other commercial soaps. Their focus is to produce all-natural soaps that are handmade with impeccable quality.
- Almond’s aroma soothes the body while natural oils present in this bar provides nourishment.
- The same level of pH balance between goat’s milk and the human body makes the soap gentle.
- The lather is luxurious without stripping your skin and the oils make the bath therapeutic.
7. Best Soap to Lather Up: Beekman 1802 9oz
Indulge in a rich and luxurious bath and enjoy the many goat milk soap benefits with this soap bar from Beekman 1802. It leaves you with a fresh and clean smell with gentle cleansing. The pH level of goat’s milk is quite low and is similar to the skin of us human beings, thus making goat milk soap bars gentle for sensitive and dry skin. Your skin will feel calmer and be protected against various environmental aggressors. Looking for gifting some Fresh Air to your friends or family? Well, here you are!
- Your skin will not feel dry for a long time after a shower and the beautiful, fresh scent will linger around for a while.
- Beekman’s soaps are all triple-milled and start with a vegetable base.
- Free of sulfate, phosphate, paraben, petroleum.
- The airy, breezy scent comes from light green citrus and spring leaves.
8. Best Moisturizing Soap: Canus Goat's Milk Soap
While we have established that the benefits of milk from goats are many, ingredients such as Olive Oil and Wheat Protein only add to these benefits thus making a combination for a soap. Canus makes products that are of high quality which are made and shipped from the USA. They are UNFI products and excel because of their organic and natural specialty. The ingredients of these goat milk soaps have antioxidants and protecting properties that hydrate the skin.
- Made with high-quality ingredients, this brand provides amazing customer services.
- The combination of Olive Oil, Wheat Protein, and Goat’s Milk keeps the skin moisturized and nourished.
- Provides relief to dry skin and also soothes and heals eczema as the bar has good hydrating properties.
9. Goat Milk Soap for Acne: Asantee Herbal Tamarind
You can now stop worrying about your skin showing signs of aging with Asantee Herbal Tamarind & Goat Milk Soap. One of the goat milk soap benefits is the presence of collagen and high fats that delays signs of aging. Also, tamarind helps in providing a whiter skin that is softer. Also, the alternative milk is enriched with many nutrients such as proteins, fats, and other hormones that benefits the skin very naturally. A similar low pH level of goat milk protects the skin from bacterial and chemical invasions. You would want to prefer this soap to any other commercial soaps for its natural benefits.
- Vegetable-based soap that is made with coconut oils and herbs other than tamarind and goat’s milk.
- Helps in treating acne, rashes, psoriasis, freckles, skin blisters, eczema, hyperpigmentation, and provides UV protection.
- Goat’s Milk contains AHA such as lactic acid that delays aging and proteins in the milk kills acne-causing bacteria.
- Tamarind is a rich source of Vitamin C that protects the skin from UV rays and pollutants.
10. Best Detergent-Free Soap: Teakwood & Coconut
With the Tub Candy experience, you are in for a treat. Indulge. Relax. Refresh. This is their motto and they deliver exactly that with their Detergent Free Soap. These are in fact luxury soaps that are handmade with a lot of care without using any harsh chemicals. Care and compassion bring the result of providing a soap that is genuinely gentle and has moisturizing powers.
- Detergent Free soaps made using Goat’s Milk not only cleanse your skin but leaves it well moisturized.
- This soap will take you to the tropical land of coconuts and flowers with its refreshing scent of coconut and teakwood.
- Made using Goat’s Milk, Coconut and Palm Oil, Fragrance and Cosmetic Grade color.
11. Rich Moisturizing Soap: Madina Moisturizing Soap
We do know now that Goat’s Milk acts as an excellent skin moisturizer. Madina Goat’s Milk soap brings out this quality and enhances it exceptionally well on the skin when used. This is top quality goat milk soap for eczema and psoriasis. It also is perfectly well suited for the ones with healthy skin. Essential nutrients present will help in repairing your skin itself and the also AHA acids will help in removing dead skin cells and hydrate the skin with its high-fat contents.
- 100% vegetable base is used in its making.
- Goat’s Milk consists of amino acid and citric acid as well as Vitamin A, C, and E.
- The soap has a low pH level as Goat’s Milk also contains caprylic acid that makes the soap alkaline.
- This low pH is close to the human pH level making it more protective against chemical invasion and daily bacterial invasion.
12. Best Anti-aging Soap: Jonathan Kent
Jonathan Kent Soaps are carefully handcrafted in small batches with natural ingredients that provide excellent moisturizing powers. The makers do not claim to be physicians who can cure skin disorders, but their products have proven to soothe and provide relief to people with skin issues. Dry and chaffed skin can find relief with these luxurious, fragrant milk soap bars that are made from the milk of well-raised American goats. The handmade creamy goat milk soaps are free of harsh chemicals, sulfates, or parabens.
- Helps in soothing and reducing outbreaks of skin conditions such as Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea.
- Made with fresh Goat’s Milk, these soaps also help moisturize dry skin due to radiation and chemotherapy.
- Alpha Hydroxyl Acid present in Goat’s Milk results in finer young skin as it reduces wrinkles.
- Natural ingredients such as Aloe, Shea Butter, and oils of Avocado, Olive, Palm Kernel, Coconut are also used.
You May Like: Best Organic Body Washes & Soaps for All Skins
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Goat Milk Soap
Yes, the benefits of goat milk are many, however, picking the best quality goat milk soaps that would suit your skin could quite be an enervating task. Consider a few factors before getting your hands on the perfect goat milk soap. Fret not, we are here to take the load off your shoulders and list down some of the deciding factors for choosing the best one:
1. Ingredients other than Goat Milk
Avoid harsh chemicals such as sodium lauryl sulfate that provides a rich lather, but strips the skin of moisture and natural oils. What you should be looking for are nourishing oils such as Coconut, Palm, Olive, Jojoba, Almond, or Shea Butter other than goat milk. Opt for products with more natural or organic ingredients.
2. Quality of Goat Milk
Firstly, look for where the goat milk ranks in ingredient’s list, if it is at the top then you can be sure of goat milk being the main ingredient. Secondly, you would want your goats to be raised and treated well, so look for brands that directly work with local farmers or have their own goats.
3. How is the soap being made?
There are two methods- hold and cold soap-making process. The cold-process method is best suited for goat milk-based soaps as milk does not curdle and glycerin or soap forms naturally without any cooking.
Suggested Read: Best Antibacterial Soaps for Body Odor
FAQs Regarding the Goat Milk Soaps
1. How does goat milk soaps help in delaying aging signs?
Alpha Hydroxyl Acid in Goat Milk soaps helps in reducing wrinkles. It also protects skin against sun damage which further reduces aging signs.
2. What are the other acids in goat milk and how does it help?
Caprylic Acid in goat milk soaps helps in reducing alkalinity in soap and pushes away bacteria; Lactic Acid helps in repairing damaged skin and boosts new cells.
3. Can I use goat milk soap for my dry and sensitive skin?
Yes, goat milk is meant specifically for ones with dry, parched skin or with eczema. The pH level of goat’s milk is similar to ours, thus making it gentler for our skin.
4. Do goat milk soaps help in the skin whitening?
Yes, since goat milk soaps are full of skin whitening nutrients and vitamins such as Vitamin D, C, B1, B6, B12, and E.
5. Can I use these soaps on my face?
The instructions provided are to be read and then applied. All goat milk soaps may not be safe for the face while some could be.
6. How do I choose the best goat milk soap for my skin?
You can consider the quality of goat milk and check where it ranks on the ingredient’s list, making sure it is the main ingredient. Other than that, check the other ingredients, stay clear of harsh chemicals, and opt for a soap that is made by the cold-process method. Handcrafted and soaps made in small batches are made with more care.
Also Read: Best Soap for Tattoos in 2020
It is time to make a small change in your skincare routine and get rid of dry or parched skin by including goat milk in your regime. Let the climate or hot showers or skin conditions not bother you anymore. Choosing the right goat milk soap for your skin will only help you in enjoying all the benefits it has to offer.
Not only would you be doing your skin a favor, but you will also be helping many farmers and soapmakers who put in a lot of care and love into raising the goats and producing these soaps. There is no going back to other ingredients after you have experienced the bliss of goat milk soaps.