An autoimmune disease that is a chronic skin disease is what psoriasis is and it could be quite a headache for those with this condition. The skin builds up excessively because of an overactive immune system and the result is scaly, flaky, itchy, red and painful patches. Since it is a chronic disease, eliminating it completely may not be that easy but controlling the symptoms is what should be aimed for. Yes, primary treatment is the best way to go about it but parts of your daily routine such as showers, also make an impact.
You can soothe or even treat some of the symptoms by choosing to buy some of the best body wash and soaps for psoriasis. All you have to watch out for are the ingredients. Avoiding harsh soaps would be ideal and ingredients such as salicylic acid, urea, glycolic acid, anti-yeast can help. The aim is to not aggravate the skin rather soothe the dry skin and nourish it by making small changes in our skincare routine.
Best Body Washes & Soaps for Psoriasis – 2020
1. Best Body Wash for Psoriasis: Aveeno Skin Relief
As we mentioned, the aim is to soothe the sensitive skin while cleansing it, Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash does exactly that. It removes dirt and impurities while soothing down the dry and itchy sensitive skin.
- Colloidal Oatmeal is known for its skin protectant properties because it’s rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- The soothing oat does not mess with your natural moisture barrier of skin and results in smooth, soft skin.
- It is recommended by dermatologists and can be used daily as the wash is gentle.
- A hypoallergenic body wash that is allergy-free, soap-free and dye-free.
2. Good Body Wash for Psoriasis: ArtNaturals Body Wash
Enriched with natural ingredients, ArtNaturals make products that benefit sensitive skin. The Tea Tree Body and Foot wash cleanse the skin deep with its anti-germ, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties.
- Botanical ingredients such as tea tree, eucalyptus, coconut, olive, jojoba, rosemary, peppermint and oregano oils are used.
- The smell of these ingredients along with essential oils makes this body wash irresistible.
- Gives you all-natural cleansing for relief against athlete’s foot, psoriasis and jock itch.
- Free of paraben, SLS, petrolatum, phthalates, and is cruelty-free brand’s product.
3. Eczema Psoriasis Therapy Body Wash: African Black Soap
Heal your skin and manage symptoms of psoriasis and eczema with SheaMoisture’s African Black Soap. It is a certified organic soap that is gentle on the skin and its natural ingredients moisturize and nourishes the skin.
- Shea butter moisturizes and promotes skin healing whereas aloe vera soothes the skin
- Aloe vera, Gotu kola, lemon keeps the bacteria away and fights off acne.
- Sea wrack and Aloe have medicinal properties that reduce skin irritations and soothe it
- Paraben-free, sulfate-free and no animal testing.
4. Value for Money: Psoriasis Medicated Scalp & Body Wash
This medicated scalp and body wash from Home Health is made specifically for skin conditions like psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and dandruff. Using it regularly gives healthier skin and controls symptoms of the aforementioned conditions.
- Salicylic Acid, the active ingredient, provides relief to the skin and reduces scaling, itching, and redness
- The formula consists of 2% salicylic acid, aloe vera gel, echinacea extracts, allantoin carrot, and jojoba oil
- The formula soothes the skin and also moisturizes the skin thus reducing the symptoms
- Free of parabens, mineral oils, gluten and is also cruelty-free (no animal testing)
MediViz is known for its products that provide relief to skin that is sensitive. This soap therapy has properties that reduce dryness of skin, fights free radicals and itchiness and also other skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- The natural ingredients present soothes dry skin and reduces eczema
- Olive oil moisturizes the skin while coconut oil has antioxidant properties that help itchy, dry skin.
- Raw shea butter has natural fatty acids that nourish the skin and hand-milled oats naturally lock the body’s moisture.
- Made with 100% organic ingredients, free of harsh industrialized chemicals and is cruelty-free.
6. Best Bar Soap for Psoriasis: MG217 Psoriasis Bar Soap
Handmade in Israel, this moisturizing and nourishing MG217 soap bar made of Dead Sea Mud and Salt provides therapeutic conditioning to skin with psoriasis. It provides the skin with a complete set of minerals that nourishes the skin. Hence, it’s the best soap to use for psoriasis.
- Reveals the soft layer of skin by removing dead skin cells with the help of Dead Sea Salt (Marid Sal) & Dead Sea Mud (Limus).
- Cleans the body with Dead Sea minerals that nourish the skin gently.
- The presence of Aloe Vera, Rose Geranium Oil, Vitamin E, and other essential oils restores healthy skin.
- National Psoriasis Foundation recognized that it makes it more authentic.
7. Best Bath Soap for Psoriasis: Lavender Goat Milk Soap
Many people who are tired of their skin conditions such as dry or sensitive skin, rosacea or cracked fingers, eczema and psoriasis have benefited from this natural and best bath soap for psoriasis.
- It can be used by men, women, babies, and teens as baby soap, shaving soap, cleansing soap.
- Proven to be a long-lasting bar compared to other commercial bars.
- Olive oil moisturizes and soothes dry and irritated skin, coconut oil gives a fluffy lather.
- Lavender essential oils relax and calm the skin, goat milk has fats that moisturize the skin.
8. Body Wash for Psoriasis Sufferers: O Naturals Milk & Honey
Specially designed for sensitive skin, this natural milk and honey body wash from O Naturals is a blessing in disguise for people suffering from acne-prone skin, eczema, and psoriasis. The formula is based on an ancient recipe that gives a glowing skin.
- Milk and Honey together soothe sensitive skin and provides radiance to all types of skin.
- Dead Sea Minerals nourish skin, coconut and jojoba oil calms inflammation.
- Honey and Vitamin E also protects skin against UV rays and prevents premature wrinkling.
- Overall, a good body wash for psoriasis sufferers.
9. Best Soap for Psoriasis Eczema: Dead Sea Mud Soap
This soap bar is made for men, women, and teens with any skin type that can be used as a face soap, body soap or shaving soap. The natural and organic ingredients give you a gentle wash. With natural and organic ingredients, it’s the best soap for psoriasis skin.
- Soothes the skin with acne, psoriasis, and is the best soap for psoriasis eczema.
- All ingredients are organic such as shea butter, olive oil, sunflower oil, palm oil, and castor bean oil.
- Activated Charcoal is a powerhouse cleanser and detoxifier and Dead Sea mud has minerals that provide skincare.
- It is naturally scented and is cruelty-free and chemical-free.
10. Good Body Wash for Psoriasis: Antifungal Body Wash
This is one of the best antifungal body wash that protects the body against bacteria and fungus. These fungus and bacteria cause body odor and other skin conditions such as Ringworm, Athlete’s Foot, Acne, Jock Itch, etc. If you’re still searching for the best body wash for psoriasis, then consider this body wash.
- No synthetic preservatives are used, only natural ingredients such as tea tree oil.
- Heals damaged skin quicker and hydrates the skin while cleaning it.
- It is a gentle wash that is suited for both men and women with any skin type.
- Tea tree oil, olive oil, and aloe vera are the main natural ingredients present that fight bacteria.
Best Body Wash for Psoriasis – The Buyer’s Guide
Psoriasis can be reduced with the right kind of treatment and symptoms can be curbed down by making changes in our soaps and body washes. There are many such body washes that are designed specifically for this purpose. While getting the best body wash and soaps for psoriasis is necessary, there are also many ways that you can try to reduce or heal your psoriasis such as:
1. Exposure to Sunlight
Sunlight has many benefits for our skin. A little exposure, for say 30 minutes to sunlight can induce healing of your skin and reduce skin sensitivity. UV light is the small and right amount that reduces the scaling of the skin and also helps in stress reduction.
2. Right Clothing
Firstly, be careful about washing your clothes. Make sure you get rid of chemical smell and residue left over. Secondly, wear breathable fabrics and keep thick, sticking-to-skin fabrics away, especially during summer.
3. Natural Remedies
Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera, Baking Soda are some of the natural ways to reduce the itchiness and scaling of the skin. They have healing properties and can easily soothe your skin.
4. Ingredients to avoid in Body Wash
Avoid products with synthetic fragrance and harsh chemicals or known skin irritants such as parabens, sulfates, and phosphates.
5. Ingredients to look for in a Body Wash
Natural ingredients that moisturize the skin such as tea tree oil, coconut oil, olive oil provide some relief. Chemical exfoliants such as salicylic, glycolic or lactic acid, or coal tar can also help in reducing symptoms.
Also Chek: Best BB Creams for Acne-Prone Skin
FAQs Related to Best Body Wash for Psoriasis
1. How important is moisturizing for psoriasis?
Extremely important. Make sure you have a body wash that has moisturizing benefits as it will hydrate your skin and reduce scaling of the skin.
2. Can I cure my Psoriasis completely?
In extreme cases, it may not be and it would be best to see a dermatologist. However, the symptoms can be kept at bay which will eventually cure the condition.
3. Is Psoriasis contagious and can it be spread by touching?
No, it is not. It is a genetic condition that means it has come from your parents or their parents. It is not contagious.
4. How to remove scales caused by the Psoriasis?
Firstly, please do not peel it no matter how tempting it is. Use a gentle exfoliator, scales will go eventually or moisturize the skin with a cream overnight and it will come off easily.
5. What ingredients to look for in a body wash for Psoriasis?
We have covered what to look for and what to avoid in our Buyers’ Guide section. Look for natural ingredients such as shea butter, tea tree oil, olive oil and chemical exfoliants such as Salicylic, glycolic and lactic acid in a body wash.
It is understandably frustrating to have this skin condition as we all do want to look and feel good and our skin plays a very important role in that. One may feel stressed or mentally disturbed because of this condition, but it is important to remember that there are cures. While seeking help from a dermatologist is the first priority, making certain changes in your skincare routine is also important. With the best body wash and soaps for psoriasis that we have listed here, your symptoms of psoriasis will definitely reduce and you will get back that smooth skin you have been wanting after all.