Getting the best clump-free, goop-free, waterproof mascara is a difficult task in itself, and taking the high road for searching the best cruelty-free waterproof mascara to give in to our ethical choices may seem a much more difficult feat, but it isn’t and we are here to tell you why.
There are many brands now who are conscious and believe in protecting and refraining themselves from testing products on animals. These brands are also aware that customers, such as you, who love the furry little ones will not make themselves look beautiful at the cost of harmless little animals. So good news is you have a plethora of cruelty-free mascaras that will provide you with the desired curls and volumes of your lashes.
Getting your hands on the best critter-conscious mascaras not only adds volume to the lashes but also gives a look that is glamorous. As they say, “Eyes are the way to the soul” it only makes sense that we choose the best for our eyes. Although one should keep in mind, eyes are extremely sensitive and the products we choose for our eyes should be as safe as possible. The mascara should be checked first for any cause of irritation whatsoever.
So, shall we begin with our list now?
Best Cruelty-Free Waterproof Mascaras
1. Best Overall: Eyeko Sport Brush
You desire the perfect lashes and you will have the perfect lashes with Eyeko Sports Brush Mascara. You can use this mascara at the gym, by the pool or on a humid or rainy vacation spot as this is the ultimate mascara for all-action lifestyles.
- Their ace brush helps in grabbing and catching each lash.
- The brush is unique as the curved edges help in lifting lashes and giving it volume.
- The formula is waterproof, smudge-proof, tear-proof, and sweat-proof.
- Fiber-enhanced conditioning formula with Collagen & 11 different fruit extracts.
2. Best Runner Up: Blinc Tubing Mascara
Blinc Tubing Mascara is long-lasting and does not run or form streaks when you are around water or you cry or even if you rub your eyes. To take it off, you have to apply gentle pressure and use water as either alone won’t be good enough for its removal.
- Safe for sensitive eyes and for the ones wearing contact lenses or glasses.
- Made with an active ingredient- acrylic copolymer and once applied, the mascara tubes adhere to lashes.
- It does not clump, flake, or smudge irrespective of all your daily activities including your trip to the gym.
- It is a vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free mascara.
3. Good Cruelty Free Mascara: Covergirl Lash Blast Volume
Lash Blast Volume Mascara not tested on animals from Covergirl coats each of your lashes and gives the maximum effect of a glamorous look by creating volume 10 times more than your natural lashes.
- Gives instant volume and boosts to lashes making them look full and stunning.
- There will be zero clumps with this mascara as it coats evenly across all lashes.
- All products of Covergirl are Cruelty-Free Certified by Leaping Bunny.
- There are 3 different colors available other than black.
4. Best Vegan Waterproof Mascara: Essence Lash Princess
A dramatic false lash effect is what you will get with this vegan mascara from Essence. It gives a voluminous look and definitely adds magic to the entire face. A gentle makeup remover or micellar water or coconut oil can be used for removing it.
- Fiber brush that is conic shaped defines the lashes and gives it volume.
- It does not form globs or clumps and lasts all day long without flaking or fading.
- Its waterproof formula protects it from sweat and tears.
- It is 100% cruelty-free and is vegan.
5. Best Paraben Free Mascara: Essence I ❤️ Extreme Volume
Another phenomenal mascara from Essence is the I Love Extreme Volume Mascara that lives up to its name. Essence mascaras are known for the volume they provide along with a “natural” look.
- The fiber brush is large and coats every little lash to provide the voluminous effect.
- It is tested by ophthalmologists, so you can be sure about not irritating your eyes.
- A longlasting mascara that looks amazing with the most minimal makeup with just one coat.
- The formula holds the curl and even on a humid day, you will barely find any flakes.
6. Cruelty Free Drugstore Mascara: Milani The Waterproof One
When we invest in a good mascara all we want is it to last all day long come what may (even if its a storm). Milani’s Black Waterproof Mascara gives you 24-hour wear with a heavy volumized, blackest of the black, lidded lashes (may not protect you from the storm though!)
- The formula is waterproof and smudge-free where its polymers work on lengthening each individual lash.
- It is also cry-proof and gives a beautiful black heavy look.
- Lashes are protected from pollutants and moisturized with ingredients such as Jojoba Complex, ProVitamin B5.
- The product is vegan and PETA certified cruelty-free.
7. Best Natural Mineral Mascara: Pacifica Aquarian Gaze
An amazing lengthening brush that is 100% vegan and which helps in making your eyelashes gorgeously long is what can be expected from Pacifica Aquarian Gaze Black Mascara. Yes, it is 100% vegan and cruelty-free, so you can let that sigh of relief out!
- Made with natural minerals, this mascara is water-resistant.
- Adds extra volume and separates lashes from one another to build more volume.
- Nourishing ingredients such as coconut oil and water, Vitamin B, and kelp extract protects the lashes and nourish it.
- Free from parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, silicone, and petroleum.
This is a newly redesigned mascara that protects your lashes from water or tears, so you can shed those happy tears now! The hourglass-shaped brush helps in the application of the mascara perfectly.
- The formula is water-resistant and suitable for you if you are wearing contact lenses.
- One coat does it all, fills up the lashes, curls it to its full length.
- Two-Three coats will give an intense dramatic look stretching the lashes to staggering lengths.
- High-performance water-resistant polymers, porcelain flower, and omega oil make the formula so powerful.
9. Best Value for Money: Stila Huge Extreme Lash
Fiber mascaras could be the cause of headaches and to make sure you don’t have to deal with such unpleasantness, Stila’s Huge Extreme Mascara is here to give you the same results. Your lashes will result in a gorgeous thickened, voluminous look with just one coat.
- Instant lash volume, shiny black color, the full length of lashes, extreme curls, and a lift.
- Conditions and moisturizes the lashes without building clumps, globs, or crunch.
- Unique curved wand and crimped brush bristles make the application easier and coats every lash separately.
- Suitable for all-day wear even for the ones wearing contact lenses and is clinically tested.
No matter what the day holds for you, no matter if its sweat or tears or raindrops, Tarte Lights Waterproof Black Mascara will hold your heavily lidded eyes for you. Its water-resistant formula is powerful and holds the eyelashes in its place for the entire day.
- Will not run or streak with water or sweat and it conditions your lashes.
- It makes your lashes thick and gives it gorgeous curls and lengthens it.
- Infused with skin-loving and nourishing ingredients such as beeswax, mineral pigments, and carnauba wax.
- Free of sulfates, synthetic fragrances or dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates.
Also Check: Best Cruelty-Free Eye Creams for Dark Circles
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Cruelty-Free Waterproof Mascara
While we make sure that you are spoilt for choices, we also do insist that you find the right product to suit your needs. There are many aspects to choose the cruelty-free waterproof mascara that you may or may not need when you buy it. To help you ease this decision-making process, consider these few factors before you make the purchase:
- Vegan or Cruelty-Free?
If you are looking for a waterproof mascara that is vegan then read about the ingredients and make sure you pick a mascara that says 100% vegan. Not all vegan mascaras are cruelty-free or vice versa as the ingredients could be animal-based or began ingredients could be tested on animals. Simple research will help you get through this confusion.
- Is it Certified Cruelty-Free?
Leaping Bunny database gives you a list of brands that are certified cruelty-free brands. Also reading up on the ingredients and some research would help you to find out more about the mascara you are buying. You can also, always send your concerns to brands and let them provide you with the knowledge.
- Applicator Brush
The applicator brush should be easy to use and should be one that gives you full coverage. Short stemmed brushes are ideal for beginners and if you have short lashes then look for a brush with short bristles.
Avoid mascaras that contain ethel alcohol as it makes the lashes more brittle with time. Opt for mascaras that have moisturizing ingredients like Vitamin E and are free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
Also Check: Best Cruelty-Free Eyeliners in 2020
FAQs Related to Cruelty Free Waterproof Mascara
1. What is the meaning of cruelty-free?
The products should not have been tested on animals and no animals should have been hurt while the product was produced.
2. Is it ok to wear waterproof mascara every day?
It is best not to use it daily as the formula is not always easy to wash off and it could prevent water from reaching your lashes.
3. Is waterproof mascara better than regular?
Totally depends on your needs, but waterproof mascaras have mineral oil and wax that stays put and withstands any weather, or moisture.
4. What can you use to get waterproof mascara off?
For some mascaras, water along with gentle pressure works. If not, then you could either use olive oil, coconut oil, eye makeup remover, or baby shampoo.
5. What is the best Vegan mascara?
Blinc Tubing Mascara, Milani The Waterproof One, Essence Lash Princess False Lash Waterproof Mascara, Pacifica Aquarian Gaze Water-Resistant Mascara are some of them.
6. Can you swim with Waterproof Mascara?
Yes, you definitely can and you can also carry out other daily activities such as dining, gyming, yoga, etc.
Giving in to ethical choices is always a good deed and you shall be blessed by the furry little ones with beautiful pop out lashes for this deed. While waterproof is your main priority, many of these mascaras have other benefits too such as providing curls, lengthening, and adding extra volume. It is best to stay off fake lashes when you know your mascara well and can trust it. As mentioned before, eyes are sensitive and there should be no product used that could hurt or irritate the eyes. We hope this detailed list of best cruelty-free waterproof mascaras will help you find the product that you can trust and use it to bat those eyelids to stop traffics.