Adding a conditioner to your hair care routine is fundamental. It will help you get manageable hair and also will not make you tear up every time you comb your hair while also reducing hair loss. Since it is such a predominant product in our daily life, it should not come at the cost of hurting the ecosystem and testing on animals.
Quoted from the wonderful show, “Fleabag”, this dialogue hits hard every time you read it. So yes, we all want a frizz-free, manageable, silky hair and we do wish to have all our days as a good-hair-day.
There are many cruelty-free brands that produce some of the best cruelty-free conditioners which will also help you in saving that trip to the salon. Let’s find out what is best suited for your hair type.
Although the right shampoo is equally important, it goes hand-in-hand and you cannot expect miracles without having both of them right. Check out our article to find the best cruelty-free shampoo for your conditioner.
Best Cruelty-Free Conditioners in 2020
1. Best Overall: Alba Botanica Coconut Milk Conditioner
Eliminate your frizzy hair and manage it with ease using Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk Hawaiian Conditioner. This conditioner is therapeutic for your hair as the 100% vegetarian formula nourishes and softens the hair.
- A 100% vegetarian formula that is cruelty-free and certified by Leaping Bunny.
- Hydrates the hair and softens it by locking in the moisture because of the presence of Coconut Oil.
- Other natural ingredients such as marula oil, shea butter, aloe leaf juice, and citrus oil provide lustre and bounce to hair.
- It has the power to protect from heat styling with calendula and other tropical oils.
2. Best for All Hair Types: Puracy Natural Conditioner
Get a silky, smooth feel and detangle your hair without any difficulty using Puracy Natural conditioner that is formulated with moisturizers that are plant-derived, essential oils and emollients.
- Unisex conditioner is suitable for hair types that are dry, normal, oily, permed, or color-treated.
- Formulated with olive-oil, vitamins B5 and E, fresh-cut citrus wedges, a hint of eucalyptus, and peppermint.
- The unisex hypoallergenic conditioner made by Ph.D. chemists and doctors that restores essential nutrients in all hair types.
- It is all-natural, minus any harsh chemicals such as silicones, SLS, parabens, animal by-products, perfumes, or dyes.
3. Best Vegan Conditioner: ACURE Vivacious Volume
A hydrated, nourished and glowing hair with a minty refreshing smell is the perfect result that one should expect from a conditioner. This conditioner provides exactly that. ACURE uses quality ingredients to give nutritious products.
- Results in giving a voluminous look with a refreshing fragrance of mint and echinacea.
- Its lightweight formula provides hydration, improves limp strands, and lifts up the quality of the hair.
- It is a 100% vegan product that is also cruelty-free.
- Free of parabens, mineral oil, sulfate, petrolatum, formaldehyde, and animal testing.
4. Good Cruelty-Free Conditioner: ArtNaturals Argan Oil
This is a conditioner that is amazing for deep conditioning and moisturizing, which when used with the shampoo set will make sure your hair is left with no grease or residue. Using this conditioner, you can escape a hair spa treatment at the salon.
- Argan Oil helps in restoring, growing, and enhancing the hair and is a natural moisturizer.
- A unisex set of shampoo and conditioner that suits both straight and curly hair and is color-safe.
- The presence of hydrating oils and minerals prevents damage from heat or other styling and softens the hair.
- Formulated with argan oil, white willow bark, rosemary, aloe vera, thyme, burdock root, and thyme it boosts hair follicles and gives a scalp that is healthy.
5. Best Paraben Free Conditioner: Ginger Lily Farms
An all-natural conditioner that can be used for commercial purposes such as locker rooms and also for home use. Using this conditioner will ensure you are left with smooth, soft, and shiny hair.
- Made with all-natural ingredients such as flaxseed, sunflower seeds, aloe, and Vitamin B5.
- Citrus blend comes from grapefruit, orange, juicy lime, and bergamot.
- Results in smooth, soft, and moisturized hair that is revitalized and restored.
- Free of parabens, sulfate, gluten, phosphate, and is cruelty-free.
6. Best Shampoo & Conditioner: Love Beauty & Planet Rose
Color-treated hair need not worry anymore as Love Beauty & Planet’s specific conditioner is here to treat colored-hair and maintain vibrant color. It helps in preventing color fade and helps in easy detangling.
- This set gives a gentle cleansing and the moisturizes the hair so that the comb glides smoothly through your hair.
- It contains Organic Coconut Oil and Murumuru Butter and the fragrance comes from Bulgarian Rose Petals.
- Free from parabens, silicone, sulfate, phthalates, and the shampoo and conditioner are vegan and cruelty-free.
- All the bottles are made from 100% recycled materials except for the caps and pumps (although they are working on it)
7. Vegan Deep Conditioner: William Roam SENSE
This Leaping Bunny certified, cruelty-free conditioner gives quality conditioning and hydrates the hair giving a gorgeous silky look. It is ideal for all hair types and gives a professional look.
- With every purchase of this brand’s product, the brand plants One Tree.
- Moisture is retained in hair with the help of Minnesota Tamarack Larch tree extract.
- Provides a silky and luxurious rinse with a light, fresh, and natural fragrance.
- Free of parabens, gluten, sulfates, chemical dyes, and synthetic fragrances and is Vegan.
8. Best Under Budget: Daily Dose Leave-In Conditioner
Frizzy hair coming in between you and your what could have been a good-hair-day? Manage your fly-aways, detangle your hair without shedding tears and add shine and moisture to your hair with Daily Dose Miracle Leave-In Conditioner.
- Repairs damaged hair, has a lightweight moisturizing ability, strengthens hair and softens it
- Suitable for all hair types protects color-treated hair and checks breakage.
- Gives instant results in detangling and takes care of the frizz.
- It does not contain SLS and SLES, gluten, parabens, lead, phthalates, mineral oil, synthetic colors, and is 100% vegan.
9. Top Rated: Purezero Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner
Drench your dehydrated hair into a luxurious sensation of coconut milk with Purezero Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner set. This set helps in repairing damaged hair and enhances the appearance of hair.
- Formulated with Vitamin E, Chemical Free Proteins, and Natural Amino Acids, it provides all-day hydration.
- Coconut oil and milk retains the moisture and rehydrates the hair and also reduces dandruff.
- Gives a salon-like look with all-natural ingredients.
- Free of dyes, gluten, sulfates, parabens, phosphates, phthalates, animal testing, and is a proud member of PETA.
10. Hypoallergenic Conditioner: Nature's Gate Professional Color Protector
Make your beauty care sessions more professional using this conditioner from Nature’s Gate. This conditioner specifically helps in protecting color-treated hair.
- Infused with Marigold, Pomegranate and Grape Seed extracts that provide luxurious shine to the hair.
- Free from GMO, parabens, gluten, soy, artificial colors, sulfates and is cruelty-free.
- The premium ingredients work together to retain shiny hair and the color of the hair.
11. Shampoo and Conditioner Not Tested on Animals: Botanic Hearth Tea Tree
No, this conditioner does not promise to treat or diagnose any disease, but it does promise to help you maintain a healthy scalp and nourish your hair. It is a conditioner that works for all hair types and can be used on a daily basis.
- Formulated with hair-loving ingredients such as tea tree oil, peppermint, aloe vera, and lavender oils.
- Soothes dry, itchy scalp while nourishing and hydrating the scalp deeply.
- Cruelty-free and is free of parabens and sulfates.
- Test for any allergic reaction by rubbing a small amount on your elbow and keep away from children.
12. Best for Thin Dry Hair: Nature's Gate Conditioner
Detangle and repair your hair easily while making it healthy with Nature’s Gate Professional Repair Conditioner. This conditioner is made specifically for damaged hair.
- Get a professional look with this chemical-free conditioner without compromising on the quality of your hair.
- Repairs damaged hair and specially formulated for split ends and dry, frizzy hair.
- Free from GMO, parabens, gluten, soy, artificial colors, sulfates, and is, of course, cruelty-free.
- Results in smooth cuticles as it is formulated with a blend of Avocado, Macadamia Oil and Wild Violet Extracts.
13. Best Organic Conditioner: EcoLove Organic
EcoLove, as the name suggests, loves the ecosystem and believes in making top-grade organic products. This is a conditioner that is effective for chemically treated straight hair but also suits all hair types.
- Argan Oil repairs heat damaged hair and can be used as a post-treatment conditioner for straightened hair.
- Helps in taming frizzy hair and gives a nourished, soft, silky hair that smells great.
- Suitable for all hair types such as curly, frizzy, color-treated hair and is free from sodium chloride.
- Formulated with shea, argan and macadamia oil and enriched with Dead Sea water.
14. Best for Gray Hair: Purple Shampoo
Emphasizing on hair care products with natural ingredients, effective results, and affordability, The BTW Co. was founded. All of their products are Leaping Bunny cruelty-free certified.
- The Purple Shampoo removes brassy and yellow tones from blonde, white and silver hair.
- Locks in moisture with its plant-based formula and herbal oils such as avocado and sunflower seed oil.
- Free from parabens, sulfates, synthetic fillers, silicones, phthalates and has a very light fragrance.
A conditioner that is made for all hair types and that combats frizzy hair while keeping the shine of the hair intact is what this conditioner from Earth Vibes is. The conditioning stays all day and the extra hydration boosts the health of hair.
- This conditioner works great for women, men, and kids and easily detangles hair while combing or styling.
- Gives a bounce and volume to the hair by locking in moisture and giving a shiny appearance.
- Made with effective natural conditioning oils such as Moroccan Argan Oil, Avocado, Rosemary, Jasmine, Coconut, and Jojoba Oil.
- Takes care of split ends and frizz and repairs damaged hair.
Also Check: Best Korean Shampoo for Hair Loss Prevention
Buyer’s Guide to The Best Cruelty-Free Conditioner
You should be proud that you are looking for adding a cruelty-free daily-use product in your routine and saving some innocent animal’s life somewhere. But the options are many, so how to choose the quality cruelty-free conditioner?
1. Identifying Cruelty-free Brand
Choose a brand that labels as a versatile and certified vegan product. Look for the Leaping Bunny or PETA logo. Also, a simple Google search and reading reviews will help you choose the right brand. Usually, 100% natural products aren’t tested on animals, so that is a safe option as well.
2. Oily Hair
Some oily-hair types can skip using a conditioner. However, there are also conditioners that help in reducing oiliness. Avoiding conditioners that say, “moisturizing”, “hydrating”, “smoothening” or are good for only curly hairs and look for labels such as “volumizing”, “strengthening”, “light” or with added proteins.
3. Dry, Dull or Damaged Hair
Look for a conditioner that has the label of “moisturizing” or “hydrating”. For damaged hair look for products that promote “repair”, “frizz-free” and which protects from UV rays. Coconut oil treatment also helps for damaged hair.
4. Curly Hair
Conditioners that are hydrating, moisturizing, and give a hard punch when it comes to frizz control are best suited for curls. A volumizing conditioner may not be the right choice as it may end up giving a very bushy look.
Also check: Best Pregnancy Safe Shampoos in 2020
FAQs Related to Best Cruelty-Free Conditioners
1. What are the top cruelty-free conditioners?
Nature’s Gate, ArtNaturals, PureZero, The BTW Co., Botanic Hearth, Alba Botanica, Love Beauty & Planet, EcoLove.
2. What does cruelty-free mean?
No animal testing for products is what cruelty-free means. The products should not have been tested on animals and no animals should have been hurt while the product was produced.
3. What is the difference between Vegan and Cruelty-free?
Cruelty-free products can use animal byproducts such as beeswax, bone powder, fats, etc. but a vegan product would not use animal byproducts. All Vegan products are Cruelty-Free but all Cruelty-Free products are not Vegan.
4. How to identify cruelty-free products?
Look for the Leaping Bunny logo or PETA logo. Also, a simple Google search can help you. All vegan products are cruelty-free.
5. Why choose cruelty-free products?
Firstly, you are saving innocent animals, secondly, maintaining the natural balance in the environment and thirdly refraining yourself from using harmful chemicals, and choosing the best for your hair.
6. What ingredients should I look for in a conditioner?
This depends on your hair type which has been explained in the Buyer’s Guide section above. However, try to choose ingredients that are all-natural and preferably vegan.
The journey to a manageable, frizz-free, smooth hair may not be that unachievable after all. An Instagrammable hair-day can be achieved by choosing the best cruelty-free conditioner while also being conscious about what we buy and not harming the animals in the process. That is a feat in itself which you should be proud of and flaunt about on your Feed and Stories.