Got tattooed and wants to look dusky? That’s more amazing! The sun-kissed look is always awesome! Whether at the beach or in a tanning bed, Indeed that’s a fashion, a flattering style to look gorgeous and handsome, is fun even if it pains later.
No doubt tattooing could seem easy for some, but it’s an agony and discomfort for many, and nevertheless, it definitely requires care and regular touch-ups too.
As said, your tattoo is an art and it must be protected like the antiques in the museum. But, did you know getting tattoos can harm or alter the skin condition and react if you are too much under the sun getting tanned? It does! Skin with tattoos on reacts far more sensitively than the normal one, especially the area where you have got your design. The harmful UV rays can damage your skin leading you to several skin stages including allergies.
So, how do we get tanned with a tattoo on? Or can we never?
Indeed, you can! Tanning lotions made for protecting tattoos are a life savior. Not like what you think, they aren’t your usual tanning lotions as would shield your body arts from fading away. We know you’re concerned about choosing the correct one, Isn’t it?
Well, here are a few handpicked tanning lotions that would not only help your tattoos look good, but will also protect it from fading away. Sounds cool? Have a look!
Top 10 Best Tanning Lotions for Tattoos
1. Best Tattoo Tanning Lotion: Hardy Tattoo & Fade Moisturizer
The brand name is stylish like your body art would be, isn’t it? Ed Hardy is a quality tattoo tanning lotion which aids you to keep it as fresh as you got it done. Loaded with Shea butter the lotion makes your skin feel soft and shiny, especially when you have a dusky look. The lotion has lotus extracts that work as the wonderful aging protector to guard you against aging signs and keeps you young and fresh all day.
- Smoothens skin leaving zero residues in every skin type.
- Anti-oxidants benefits as the strongest aging guard.
- Leaves your skin moisturized for 24 hours.
- It contains a tattoo color protector that is completely safe.
2. Best Runner Up: Ed Hardy Upgrade To Black
Craving for a next-level lotion that takes care of everything your skin ever needed? Upgrade to black tanning lotion from Ed hardy is going to make you feel confident with your tattoos on, indeed with no fading at all. Getting a superior tanned look in an hour could be a blessing and Ed hardy is showering a lot of love to comfortably tan your skin without causing any reasons not to. Isn’t this awesome? Try it!
- Quad Tanning simulators allow for paced tanning effect.
- Lasts longer and round the clock.
- It contains Melactiva, for melanin production beneath the skin.
- A high value of DHA and natural ingredients to save your skin.
3. Affordable Tanning Lotion: CannaSmack Ink Guard
No, your tattoo won’t fade, but instead, it’s going to thank you for using CannaSmack, one of the best tanning lotions for tattoos that shields all types of skin with zero boundaries. It works amazingly both as a before and aftercare formulated with the nutrients that are essential to hydrate and nourish your skin under the sun. The blend of botanical properties will give you a premium skin with the dusky look you wished for!
- Promote healing, reduce inflammation with Vitamin A, B, D, and E.
- Botanical lotion to keep the pollutant away from your skin.
- Loaded with SPF 30 sunscreen that shields your tattoo.
- Gives a smooth, silky skin to glow throughout the day.
4. Best Tanning Bed Bronzer: Supre Tan Snooki Girl Boss
Beautiful skin is your right and that’s what Supre leads you to! The do-all lotion with ultimate formula coming with effective nutrients to take health care of your skin that keeps up the color throughout and for long-lasting. Wrinkles and age lines are soon to be invisible simultaneously laying out a matte finished and a flawless skin that takes you a mile extra. Blended with essential ingredients to let your skin glow with the tattoo on.
- DHA Bronzers to give you the desired dusky skin instantly.
- Color Shield formula with minerals penetrates for hydration.
- Coconut with Almond Oil gives a glowing surface.
- Aging signs in control with Hibiscus and lotus extracts.
5. Good Tanning Lotion with Tattoo Protection: Supre Dark Bronzer
Transforming your skin and your tattoo to a dark yet bronzed work of design, Supre Tattoo is one of the most popular lotions to choose from. The power of tanning extends after exposure to UV rays making it look appealing and stronger. Luring your skin with the goodness of Vitamin D, the lotion maximized the tan and controls the aging signs such as wrinkles and lines, giving you the shine that your skin needs.
- Made Acai Berries stimulates your skin feel soft.
- Keeps up the color everlasting with no fade.
- Actively charged skincare ingredients for 24-hour moisturization.
- Safe and suitable on all types of skin.
6. Best Anti-fade Tattoo Tan: Devoted Creations White 2 Black
Mattifying color Bronzer with an instant dark formula made with vitamins that also show some love to your skin. With the benefits of 24 hours of moisture lock-in technology, it also contains the extracts of natural ingredients to give a shiny glow. The lotion also fixes the damaged and pigmented skin reducing the dark spots to provide ultimate protection to the tattoo. Overall, one of the best tanning lotions to use.
- Corrects sunspots and treats pigmented skin.
- Antioxidants fight the environmental triggers.
- Charcoal extracts detoxify skin removing excess oil.
- Tightens skin pores, erases acne, and inflammation.
7. Best Value for Money: Cabana Couture Tan
The ultra-sheer formula with silicone extracts infused with natural ingredients to keep the dusky glow alive and active. Cabana Couture, being one of the best tanning lotions with tattoo protection gives the skin a smooth and soft feel even after a long time use. The lotion can also be used with a tanning bed to make it more essential on the skin giving a matte finish.
- The lotion is chemical-free including sulfate and paraben.
- Completely hypoallergenic to load the skin with hydration.
- Lightweight on the skin and feels soft.
- It’s Hypoallergenic DHA bronzer.
- Tropical properties with antioxidants to give flawless skin.
8. Best for Body & Tattoo: Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer
Dusky looking glow all over your skin is a gift and not everyone can receive it, Malibu Tan Hemp Tattoo body lotion has got it covered for you. The lotion completely creates a safe room for tattoos under the sun with zero fadedness. It also moisturizes your skin for a long time with no harmful chemicals infused in the product.
- Works as the tattoo enhancing lotion.
- Free of allergen and gluten causing no harm.
- Completely safe on the skin of all types.
- Keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized.
9. Long-Lasting Tattoo Protection Lotion: Slay All Day Formula
No, it isn’t your regular body tanning lotion that will just be normal. Get confidence with the dark and dusky looking bronzed skin that allows you to keep you safe even under the UV rays from Supre Snooki one of the top tanning lotions for tattoos. The natural formula in the lotion keeps the antioxidants alive and aids your skin to blend with the nutrients that it needs.
- Gives a flawless and dark-colored skin with feathery feel.
- Tamanu oil and Moringa seed remove aging signs.
- Made with natural bronzers that are organic.
- Minerals added are completely safe and suitable on all skins.
10. Tanning Bed Lotion for Tattoos: Island Black 200X Bronzer
Black is the color that’s classic, and so is Island Black Bronzer Tanning Lotion that keeps you ever classic throughout. The glow is consistent and it never stops giving you the ultimate feel of tan and the indeed the color that you have been craving. With natural ingredients infused in the lotion, your skin will just feel amazing.
- It gives a dark island glow that is everlasting.
- Charcoal extracts give purified skin.
- Organic ingredients to keep your skin healthy.
- Dermatologist recommended and suitable for all skin types.
Recommended Read: Best Soaps for Tattoos in 2020
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Tanning Lotion for Tattoos
Doesn’t it feel mesmerizing after you have got the dark tan with a darker tattoo? Yes, these thousands of brands make us feel like in a turmoil but if you could just keep some pointers in mind it would seem exciting and cozy to pick the best tanning lotion for tattoos.
1. Skin Type
Whenever you are buying a skin product, the foremost factor that you need to look for is your skin type. Buying the wrong skincare products may either put your skin into conditions or indeed affect your health to severe range.
2. Inspect Ingredients
Always keep an eye on the ingredients that have been added to the product. Constant usage of harmful chemicals could be hazardous or allergic, especially for sensitive skin. It is better to get consulted with a dermatologist before you choose any tanning lotion.
Tanning lotion should be durable, if it’s not, then it’s worthless. Ensure that the lotion lasts for a long time or at least as it claims in the product. You can scroll down on the reviews and the feedbacks online that will speak about the brand and quality.
4. Brand and Quality
Where there is quality, there is a brand or vice versa. You must ensure that the tanning lotion you are about to get is known and has a good reputation with good reviews about the quality and price both. Indeed, it’s your skin and you can risk it!
FAQs Regarding Tanning Lotions for Tattoos
1. Are Tattoo tanning lotions effective?
Indeed, they are! As far as your lotion is doing its job it is worth your time and money being much effective as they claim.
2. Should I get a doctor prescription to get tanned?
That depends on your skin. If your skin is sensitive or if you already have any skin conditions then you must get opinions from a dermatologist.
3. Am I allowed to get tanned with my contact lenses?
4. When should I not get tanned?
If you have too much fair skin, red hair, and blue eyes but this goes for when you are opting for indoor tanning, it is much different when you are straight under the sun that leaves no harm.
You May Also Like:
Beauty comes with essential and ultimate care for your skin organically. Chemicals don’t do any good in the long run. Tanning lotions are effective if used properly as it gives skin protection to a great level. Many tanning lotions for tattoos might adore you, but the above-listed ones are special and are handpicked ones for every type of skin to be effective instantly. Applying it with proper guidance, being hydrated with clear motive of tan will give you unbelievable results as each product claims. If you’re not trying these special ones then you are missing out on some good tanning experience.