Who does not love that golden brown glowing skin that gives the feeling of hitting a beach or a cruise? Everybody loves a tan, especially if you have a pale, pasty ultra fair skin. Tanning under the sun is the most popular method to get that brown glow, which is why it is called outdoor tanning.
Tanning not only gives you a lovely color but also protects the skin in many cases and makes it healthier. Nowadays, the preference is inclined towards products that provide faster results with better quality.
Outdoor tanning is considered better than indoor tanning as you get your share of Vitamin D and when sun rays are exposed to your skin properly and carefully, then your skin actually gets healthier. Now, get that unshakeable confidence with your golden brown skin as we have listed some of the best outdoor tanning lotions and oils for you to research and choose from.
Best Outdoor Tanning Lotions & Oils – Reviews
1. Best Outdoor Tanning Oil: Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tan
Drench your skin with moisture and travel to the tropics with the scent of this amazing Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil. Get a deep, rich tan while safeguarding your skin with this best outdoor tanning oil.
- Incorporated with auto-tanning technology that processes tanning faster and more evenly.
- Made with vitamins A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E that has antioxidant properties.
- Formulated with skin conditioners and exotic ingredients that moisturize the skin.
- It has a rich coconut fragrance that is pleasant.
2. Best Tanning Lotion for Outside: Coconut Kisses Golden
Escape to the tropics and relax with Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion that will enrich your skin with coconut milk and coconut oil. This lotion is really considered to be one of the best.
- This lotion works wonders on tattooed skin as well as sensitive skin.
- High-quality ingredients are used so that melanin absorption increases.
- It gives a smooth and dark skin while eliminating cellulite.
- The ingredients also have anti-aging properties and give a healthy glow with its first application.
3. Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion with Bronzer: Ocean Potion Dark Tan
This product from Ocean Potion is an instant bronzer that works great both indoor and outdoor. It gives a dark color to the skin.
- With the help of sun’s heat, intensify your tan with this intensifier onto your skin
- Ingredients such as algae extracts, seaweed, tea tree oil, deep-sea minerals, Vitamin B, C & E are all-natural that extends tan life.
- The ingredients help in nourishing the skin.
- Free of Gluten, BPA, Parabens, Propylene Glycol, BHT and is also cruelty-free.
4. Best for Fair Skin: Yes Way Rose Tanning Lotion
Look and feel like the champagne connoisseur that you are with this cosmetic bronzer from Yes Way Rose. It does not contain sunscreen or SPF. It’s the best outdoor tanning lotion for fair skin.
- It contains luxurious levels of DHA that give you a bronzed glow.
- Get a skin illuminating glow with its Champagne and Diamond infusion.
- Firmness gets restored with the appearance of cellulite with its Body Fit Technology.
- It provides color fade protection and also protects your tattooed skin.
5. Another Best Outdoor Tanning Oil: Sun Bum Moisturizing Oil
Yes, we want to get a lovely golden brown color while also making sure our skin is protected and nourished which is why you should opt for Sun Bum Moisturising Tanning Oil. Great for all skin types and is water-resistant and reef friendly.
- The SPF 15 UVA/UVB protects the skin for sunburn and nourishes it.
- Natural ingredients such as Green Tea Butter, Aloe Vera, Argan, Marula, Coconut and Avocado Oil moisturizes the skin.
- Easy to apply, just spray and rub in and then bask in the sun for the best golden glow.
6. Best Sun Tanning Lotion: Island Black 200X Bronzer
Get the ultimate dark tan or a “paradise bronze” with Island Black Bronzer. Take a trip to the islands and boast about your secret vacation by showing off your tan with this bronzer tanning lotion. This lotion leaves your skin with a coconut-y smell.
- This lotion is made of activated charcoal and has bronzer agents in it, but the good thing is it doesn’t stain the hands.
- It does not let your skin break out with the use of this.
- Get instant results, you will find a difference in color with just one tan.
7. Good Outdoor Tanning Lotion: Hawaiian Tropic Protective Tan
This tanning lotion will protect your skin, pamper it and provide nourishment making your skin healthier. It gives you the feel of Hawaiian Tropic and you can feel the breezes of the island.
- SPF 8 UVA/UVB protection protects your skin from the sun while giving you a gorgeous tan
- It is water-resistant and is a luxuriant lotion with a heavenly scent.
- The antioxidants present nourishes the skin while the island botanicals soothe and pampers the skin.
- It does not burn and is not oily, in fact, it feels amazing on your skin.
8. Best Self Tanner for Face: Beauty by Earth Natural Tan
Probably a degree in Chemistry will help you understand most of the ingredients written on the back of a tanning lotion because it is infused with chemicals. This all-natural sun-free tanning lotion will transform your skin into a gorgeous tan.
- Vegan, cruelty-free and completely natural, this lotion is effective for all skin types.
- No stains and streak-free tan without hitting the tanning beds.
- Organic shea butter, organic coconut oil, and nutritive Japanese green tea extracts are the natural products used.
- A sunless tan without any exposure to harmful UV rays.
9. Best Suntan Lotion for Deep Tan: Devoted Creations H.I.M.
Speed up your tanning process for a darker and faster than with this body refreshing lightweight oil-absorbing dark tan lotion. Your rough edges of the skin will transform into soft touchable skin with this HIM product.
- The formula is all-natural which protects tattoo and color fade.
- Tamanu Oil present reduces wrinkles and regenerates skin and Hemp Oil hydrates the skin.
- AcquaCell reduces the rapid fine line and extracts of Avocado reduces reddening of the skin.
- Vitamins C & E reduces environmental damage and Fresh Tek gives s fresh scent that leaves no after tan odor.
10. Good Tanning Oil for Outside: Panama Jack Tanning Oil
This reef-friendly, cruelty-free sunscreen tanning oil from Panama Jack provides you a deep, dark tan that one can only wish for. The pump spray makes it easier to apply and for better results, it is best to reapply often.
- Use by all skin types that rarely or never burn after you have obtained a base tan for best results.
- Free of Gluten, PABA, Paraben, Octinoxate or Oxybenzone and is also cruelty-free.
- The sunscreen provided is minimal, which is SPF 4 and does not protect against sunburn.
Suggested Read: Best Tingle Tanning Lotion for Tanning Beds
Outdoor Tanning Lotions – The Buyer’s Guide
The lotions come for all skin types and you have many options to choose from that would suit your skin. Also, based on the tone you would want to have- medium, dark, light, olive, etc., there are many options available. There are many features that would help you select the best outdoor tanning lotions and oils for your skin:
1. Sun Protection Factor (SPF)
SPF protects the skin from harmful UV rays. While choosing outdoor tanning lotion, this has to be a big factor as excessive sun rays can deteriorate your health and cause extreme skin issues or even skin cancer. Your lotion should be one that has a healthy amount of SPF.
2. Planning behind Outdoor Tanning Lotion
Your tanning lotion has to be planned with the sun’s strength. A sunbathing from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM works best if you use a lotion that gives faster tan and works better under a scorching sun. If the plan is to get a gradual tan over a few days by milder sun rays, opt for a mild tanning lotion that develops gradually.
Accelerators have ingredients that develop melanin with sunlight. Bronzers and Maximizers have less moisturizer but more SPF. Some of these lotions are made of ingredients that protect tattoos or have anti-aging benefits, so you can choose accordingly.
You May Like: Best Tanning Lotions for Sensitive Skin (Reviews)
Frequently Asked Questions Related To Best Outdoor Tanning Lotions
1. Why do people opt for tanning lotion?
The tanning lotion gives an even finish while moisturizing the surface of the body. Also, using the lotion is easier than oil or spray tan. Lastly, it is durable.
2. How important is sunscreen?
Basically, Sunscreen is a must in general, particularly for outdoor tanning. If your lotion has SPF, then you have nothing to worry about.
3. Can you use indoor tanning lotion outside?
Basically it depends upon the lotion. Some tanning lotions have SPF and Sunscreen both. While buying tanning lotion dedicated to indoor tanning, you should look for SPF mentioned in it. Similarly, while buying an outdoor tanning lotion, it should have sunscreen. If the tanning lotion contains both it means you can use it indoor and outdoor both.
4. How to tan with pale skin?
A darker product will help which will improve skin condition. The lotion must have beam resistant power as pale skin cannot withstand strong sun rays easily.
5. Does it cause cancer?
There could be a possibility but these days products are made with better qualities. Avoid sunburn and opt for quality products by reading up on ingredients.
6. Why is outdoor tanning beneficial?
First of all, Vitamin D production will make you healthy. Sun rays dry out acne and sun rays also uplifts your mental health which automatically uplifts your confidence.
7. How to tan if I have acne?
With acne, it is best to get lotions that will not clog the pores. Choose lotions that are not greasy and are more lightweight. Apply sunscreen if you are tanning outdoors.
Also Check: Best Tanning Lotion for Men (Reviews)
Outdoor tanning has its own benefits when compared to indoor tanning, as we are talking about exposing our body to the sun’s rays. While excessive exposure could be a problem, careful exposure can provide many benefits. The tanning lotions will give a tan that lasts long and you can gladly show your gorgeous golden glow to the world. Also, most of these lotions provide moisture and make the skin healthier, so you have a win-win situation with these best outdoor tanning lotions and oils. Choose from the list above and enjoy that sun-kissed glow you were desiring for a long time.