Getting the right balance of clear and healthy skin is what we all desire. Face masks are great products to fulfill this desire. However, since most of the skincare products are stuffed with synthetic chemicals, it is only fair that we demand the best ingredients for our skin.
Beauty and skincare brands are becoming more aware of this demand and now we have a variety of the natural and organic face masks available in the market. From all-natural organic mask sheets to organic cloth face masks, you can now find it all.
But why go the natural and organic way? Because it is safe. Irrespective of the skin type you have, natural face masks are always a safe bet. They are mostly free from harsh chemicals and various skin irritants.
Most of these masks adhere to the goodness of nature and bring out properties that soothe and calms the skin down. They also make the skin more lively as many of them stimulate the blood circulation of the skin. Deep cleansing happens with these masks and unclogging of pores also helps in keeping breakouts and acne away.
With ingredients such as turmeric, Dead Sea Mud, Brazilian Red Clay, aloe vera, matcha tea, or extracts of flowers and enzymes of fruits, your skin will experience the luxury of goodness and health. There are many natural masks that are filled with berries and other fruits, and these are the ones you should pick if you want to feel the lasting scent. And if you want to explore DIY natural masks, then there are many options to choose from.
Since the market is huge, many brands claim to be Organic with just a few organic ingredients present in them. So, how do you know you got the right product? Well, we have helped you here by listing some of the best face masks that are purely organic and/or all-natural.
Let’s dig in, and find what suits your skin and indulge yourself in a spa-like treatment with these masks.
Best Natural Face Masks in 2020
1. Best Korean Face Mask: Celavi Essence Facial Mask
We love Korean skincare products as we all desire the glass-like, gorgeous skin that they have. Their secret? Korean masks! Genuine, trustworthy Korean masks are bound to reduce dark circles around the yes and eradicate dark spots and puffiness. Celavi Essence Facial Mask has all the goodness as it is enriched with anti-aging antioxidants, that remove skin radicals and radiates confidence.
It is a pack of 12 with a mix of 2 masks. The hydration that this mask provides is effective as it has skin-loving botanical ingredients that not only moisturize the skin but also provide nourishment. Since the masks are collagen-infused, using it twice or thrice a week will give you a firmer, more balanced skin. You will love how the quality of these masks feel on your skin, as they are thick, soft, and have a very pleasant smell.
- Brightens skin tone, reduces dark spots, puffiness and pigmentation.
- Infused with hydrating ingredients such as cucumber, tea tree, honey, charcoal, and avocado.
- Suitable for dry, oily, or sensitive skin and is gentle on the skin.
- Provides ultimate therapy by moisturizing the skin and making it firm and healthy.
2. Best Moisturizing Face Mask: Teami Matcha Green Tea Scrub
With all the impurities aggregating on our skin, it is important that we exfoliate or scrub our skin regularly, but with regular scrubs, your skin’s protective barrier tends to come off, causing problems like acne and breakouts. Teami Matcha is a USA-made facial scrub for both women and men that is actually ideal for your whole body. It is versatile in nature as it can be used as a morning face wash, or as a makeup remover or even for an entire body scrub.
Made with all-natural ingredients, this scrub is gentle and non-abrasive, which means it will not strip off your natural oils. When applied in a smooth circular motion, it gives a creamy lather, that ends up making your complexion brighter and even and your skin hydrated. Since Matcha Green Tea is one of its main ingredients, this scrub will help your skin fight acne.
- Formulated with Matcha Green Tea, Sugar, and Lemongrass that keeps away dead skin cells.
- 100% natural facial cleanser, 75 % organic, vegan, and cruelty-free.
- Combats acne reduces pore skin and reduces blemishes.
- Non- GMO, Soy-free, Dairy-free and use it 2-4 times weekly for best results.
3. Best for Wrinkles: Rael Bamboo Sheet Face Mask
There are many face masks that are beneficial for our skin and face, but how many face masks do you find that provide you the calm and quiet your body requires during your menstrual phase? Rael Youth Island Face Mask is the right mask that will nourish and rejuvenate your skin through every phase of your cycle. Hydration Mask for your dry skin during the menstrual phase, Collagen Mask for your follicular phase to boost your glow, Dull skin brightens with Vitamin C mask during ovulation phase and congested skin gets purified with Tea Tree Mask during the luteal phase.
An exceptional mask for women that is made with a skin-hugging technology. This pack consists of 5 sheets that are infused with collagen. Why collagen you ask? It has the properties of making the skin firmer and maintaining the elasticity of the skin, thus defying aging problems such as wrinkles or other age spots. Worry not, it is suitable for all skin types.
- Made with the goodness of botanical ingredients such as licorice root.
- Natural Bamboo Yarn Sheet Mask hugs each and every corner of your face.
- The concentrated serum is infused in each mask which instantly boosts moisture of the skin.
- Amino acids and hydrolyzed collagen give plump and younger-looking skin.
4. Best Natural Face Mask: Andalou Naturals Bioactive
Fruits and berries are not only good for the nourishment of your health, but also for your skin. With Andalou Naturals Bioactive 8 Berry Fruit Enzyme Mask, you will experience all the skin-loving properties that berries provide. It will help in replenishing your skin and give you a fresh feel. Your skin’s vitality gets renewed while it also repairs deep dermal damage. This mask will help your skin regenerate healthy cells and give you a much healthier look.
Andalou Naturals Advanced Fruit Stem Cell Science ensures that your skin defies age-related signs by renewing skin at the cellular level. This natural face mask also bears a powerful antioxidant defense system which creates layers of protection on your skin. There are so many amazing qualities of this mask, that your skin will never look tired. Fruit extracts and its enzymes are only good news for our skin.
- Ensures skin’s wellbeing with Resveratrol Q10.
- Skin’s tone and texture get an instant boost with Goji Berry.
- Skin’s protective moisture barrier is uplifted with Aloe Vera infused in the formula.
- Fruit Stem Cell Science slows down cellular damage and stimulates collagen and elastin that makes the skin firmer.
5. Natural Hydrating Face Mask: Anti-Oxidant Mask
Do you want a mask that gives you a silky and soft glowing skin? Then put your hands on Derma-nu Extreme Antioxidant Mask. This is one of the best face masks that is known for its hydrating powers. Using this mask on a regular basis will give you results in 12 weeks, and if you do not see the changes, then the brand is ready to give you back your money. With such confidence on display, you can be sure that your skin will get the gentle and effective treatment that it deserves.
The mask provides deep pore treatment and is suitable for all skin types, including even the most sensitive skin. Mud masks in general have antioxidants that fight free radicals, and this is no different. Since free radicals start appearing as wrinkles and sagging, antioxidants present in this Extreme Antioxidant Mask halts and reverses the attack of free radicals on our skin cells. It has no unwanted chemicals, so your skin gets purified and uplifted only with the best natural ingredients.
- Contains 70% organic ingredients and has very high active ingredients.
- Enriched with Glycolic Acid, Kaolin Clay, Rosehip Oil making it an effective face mask for acne.
- Vitamin C increases collagen production and Coconut Oil fights against wrinkles.
- Suitable for all skin types and safe for conditions such as hormonal acne, eczema, irritated skin, wrinkles, dull complexion.
- Non-comedogenic and free from parabens, alcohol and other harsh chemicals.
6. Good Natural Face Mask: Mudpot Mineral Rich Illite
Mud Masks are truly amazing for health and beauty, such as Illite clay MAsk that will pull away toxins from your skin and detoxify your face. It is organic, one of the best natural face masks made of natural ingredients that will provide you with spa-quality results. Your damaged cells get repaired and your pores get cleaned and tightened with regular use of this mask. Not only that, but its unique crystalline structure also has a high mineral composition, which helps in giving a calming effect to all types of skin.
Illite Clay Mask is rich in minerals ranging from Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Zinc, Potassium to Iron. What are the benefits you ask? Well, these minerals revitalize the skin and repair it. This is actually a unique product made in geological conditions in the Black Rock Desert and is rare as it erupts sporadically limiting the harvest to two times a year. Because of this reason, the supply of Mudpot is limited to the size of each season’s harvest. The best thing about Black Rock Mud Company is that they are eco-friendly and provide you with a package that can be put back to earth to give you wildflowers.
- 100% Organic, Mineral-Rich that balances the pH level of the skin.
- Brings fresh blood to damaged cells that help in tightening pores and regaining elasticity of the skin.
- Odorless, organic, natural, and vegan face mask.
- Free of parabens, chemicals, dyes, preservatives, fragrances, and additives.
7. Best Soothing Face Mask: Andalou Naturals
You think sensitive skin does not get to reap the benefits of a face mask? Andalou Natural 1000 Roses Rosewater Mask is going to prove you wrong. A revitalizing mask made of alpine rose stem cells and other natural ingredients will give your skin an instant boost of hydration. It is a 100% natural face mask that brings in all the power of nature to repair your skin. Following the fruit stem cell science, every product of Andalou uses nature’s antioxidant defense solution for the protection of the skin.
They are one of the first Non-Gmo Project Verified beauty brands and they are committed to uplifting people and our planet. The goodness of Pomegranate, Alpine Rose Stem Cells, Aloe Vera boosts the defense of skin and protects the moisture barrier of the skin along with hydrating and nourishing the skin.
- Hydrates the skin with hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, and alpine rose stem cells.
- Pomegranates help in uplifting the skin and restore a youthful glow.
- Ingredients are Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Sustainable, cruelty-free, and all-natural.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
8. Best for Blackheads: Activated Clay Face Mask
Face masks for sensitive skin are difficult to buy most of the time, but Tree to Tub brand is aware of this problem and is providing solutions with this Activated Charcoal Clay Mask. How is it different from other charcoal and clay masks? Ethnobotanical infusion in its formula is a major difference. You can use this once a week and it will ensure that it not only takes away all your impurities but also replenishes your skin at the same time.
It is pH-balanced skin food. This mask will help in decongesting your skin and also repairing and restoring it, which is why it becomes a great mask for sensitive skin. Since it goes deep into your pores, it also helps in keeping away breakouts. You would not have to depend upon chemical-filled blackhead pull off masks or peelers. Bamboo Charcoal is magnetic yet gentle and absorbs 200x its weight in impurities. Bentonite and Kaolin Clay helps in soothing down the skin and in unclogging the pores.
- Suitable for dry, oily, and sensitive skin and for skin conditions such as eczema, acne, psoriasis, etc.
- It is safe and gentle and is dermatologist recommended.
- A vegan face mask, is also cruelty-free, fair trade, and sustainable.
- Also contains skin-loving ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, chamomile, and cucumber.
- Free of irritants or harsh chemicals.
9. Best Brightening Face Mask: Model off Duty Beauty
Since our search is for a good natural and organic face mask, Model Off Duty gives us just that. Made in the USA with all-natural ingredients, this Superfood Skin Glow Mask rejuvenates and brightens up your skin, which in turn will definitely brighten up your day. If you apply an even thick layer, and then dry it out on your skin, following with a thorough rinse, once a week, you will see effective results.
As the name suggests, this is a mask that is a superfood for your skin. The result will be a glowing skin that comes from the powerful properties of Pumpkin, Neem, Fruit Enzymes, and Vitamin E. Yes, all these ingredients are natural, so you do not have to worry if you have sensitive skin. The superfood antioxidants present in the Model Off Duty mask restores your dull, tired skin and provides the essential fats and amino acids that your face needs.
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, cruelty-free, and ingredients derived from nature.
- Free of parabens and phthalate.
- Suitable for normal, dry, oily, combination, and sensitive skin.
10. Best Anti-Aging Face Mask: No products found.
An organic, plant-based mask from R. Terra that is made with Red Brazilian Clay is everything that your skin will enjoy. You will need to mix this mask powder with a little bit of warm water, just 1 tablespoon would work, and apply the paste. Allow it to dry and wash it off with lukewarm water. Now, this whole process will ensure that your skin defies aging problems and repairs damaged cells of your skin.
Yes, it is going to help you revive your skin. How? The Brazilian Clay balances the skin and detoxifies it by improving blood circulation. This also helps in providing an even skin tone and hydrates and maintains the elasticity of the skin. Natural Vitamin C is present which is a powerful antioxidant, that fights free radicals and stimulates collagen production. Also, it helps in exfoliating the skin mildly, helps in tightening and alkalinizing the skin as well.
- Acai Berry makes it anti-aging, Hibiscus flower improves elasticity, Rosehip delays aging.
- Cloves purify the skin and the Acai Berry extracts calms the skin down.
- Certified Organic, cruelty-free, Non-GMO, Toxins free, and sustainable ingredients.
- Treats oily skin and unclogs large pores.
11. Best Skin Repairing Mask: Plant Based Face Mask
Clay masks are great. It gives you the feeling of being extremely close to nature. R.Terra brings you another amazing organic face mask that is rich in minerals as well as vitamins. This Yellow Clay Face Mask works its magic on skin tissues and rejuvenates the skin well. With no fillers, this mask has flowers and herbs that are natural along with the golden hop, lemon balm, turmeric, and clay. All these skin-loving ingredients only make this natural face mask perfect for getting soft, healthy, and purified skin.
Golden Hop is a species of flowering plant that helps in softening and toning the skin as it is rich in phytonutrients. Chamomile flowers extract has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, and provides relief to inflamed skin and de-puffs it. Turmeric, of course, has many medicinal qualities, so its extract also calms your pores down and reduces scarring of your face. Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Exfoliates, tones and purifies all skin types.
- Rich in minerals such as Iron Oxide that rejuvenates tissues of the skin and repairs it.
- Vitamin B5 moisturizes the skin and stimulates the skin’s healing process.
- Free from Silicones, Sulfates, Phthalates, and Synthetics.
12. Whole Body Mask and Cleanser: Disaar Beauty Dead Sea Mud
One of the best face mask for acne, Disaar Beauty’s Dead Sea Mud Mask is not only for your face but also for your entire body. Disaar Beauty is one such brand that is committed to give you the highest quality and most trustful Dead Sea Mud Mask. Everyone can use this mask, both men and women, with any skin type, even the most sensitive skin can use this mask. It is easy to apply and can be removed without any hassle with warm water.
Made with all-natural ingredients, this mask has a creamy and smooth texture which is actually quite light. It acts as a great skin cleanser as it also helps in removing dead skin and impurities. Toxins and impurities are pulled out from deep pores. There are many benefits of using this mask as it reduces pore sizes brightens dark spots, treats acne, and overall improves the tone and lines of the skin.
- Stimulates the circulation of blood.
- Absorbs excess oil, unclog pores, has anti-aging properties, treats acne.
- Has a pleasant scent and made will all organic ingredients.
Best Natural & Organic Face Mask – Buyer’s Guide
As the organic market is gaining popularity and consumers are becoming more conscious of the products they buy, the range of face masks that are natural and organic are also increasing. We do want you to have the best face mask that would suit your skin, so, how do you go about choosing the right one? Worry not, we got you covered. All you have to do is consider these factors before picking up the facial mask.
1. Normal Skin
As generic as the term gets, if your skin type is normal, it can take the wrath of most of the additives. You need not worry much about the ingredients, but considering the fact that you are on an organic and natural face mask hunt, you have made sure that you are picking the best ingredients for your skin.
2. Dry Skin
Dry skin or dry patches in your body can definitely see changes with the right kind of mask. Ensure your face mask has hydrating and moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, coconut oil, etc. Your face mask should get rid of dead skin cells.
3. Oily Skin
Oily skin can lead to many skin conditions such as acne and breakouts. With the right face mask, you can put a stop to these problems. Many natural ingredients have the power to absorb excess oil. Look for masks that are made of clay or mud, aloe vera, turmeric, etc. which will help in unclogging pores.
4. Sensitive Skin
It is always a good idea to do patch testing before applying any product, particularly if your skin is sensitive. Read the label of the face mask and be sure it is a mask made for sensitive skin. Dermatologist tested face masks are the ones you can opt for.
5. Certified Organic
If you are bound to get an organic face mask, then you also must take the extra mile of research and verify if the product you are buying is really organic or not. Check the ingredients carefully, if required reach out to the brands for digging out more information.
Suggested Read: Best Facial Cleansers for African American Skin
FAQs Regarding Natural Face Masks
1. What is the best organic face mask?
Terra Red and Yellow Clay Masks, Disaar Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask, Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Rosewater Mask, Derma-nu Miracle Skin Remedies Extreme Antioxidant Mask, Mudpot by Black Rock Mud Company, Teami Matcha Green Tea Face Scrub.
2. How do you use an organic face mask?
If it is in a powder form, make a paste with warm water and apply it on your skin. Dry it out for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
3. What homemade face mask is best for acne?
You can use turmeric and honey, or leftover oatmeal, or aloe vera gel, or mix tea tree oil in your clay mask.
4. How can we get glowing skin?
Cleanse regularly, exfoliate your skin, look for brightening skincare ingredients, hydrate your skin enough, eat antioxidant-rich food.
5. Is coconut oil a good face mask?
Coconut oil has antibacterial properties that help in curing acne and provides relief to acne-prone skin.
6. How will I know if my mask is organic?
Check for certification on the bottle. If not, research the product well and its ingredients. You can also reach out to the brands if you need more information.
Also Read: Best Cruelty-Free Face Washes
All we want for you is a good skin and we hope that you fall in love with the best organic face mask meant for your skin. You have made the conscious choice of loving nature for what it is, you deserve a self-pat and all the skin-loving ingredients that will make your skin healthy. Face masks are not just nutritious or good for skin, they also bring in a fun element and give you something to do in your free time. By choosing the best natural and organic face mask, you will be confident that whatever is going on your skin, it is safe and healthy and that is what you deserve.