Dry skin seems like a problem for most, during winters, but unfortunately, the ones who come with dry skin naturally have to bear the problems throughout all seasons. One may likely drink more water; choose moisturizers that are hydrating or take short lukewarm baths or even make a change in their diet, but doing all this is not enough for dry skinned people unless they have changed their body wash or soap.
If your soap choices are reckless and thoughtless, then the chemicals present in your soap may strip off the natural oils present in your skin and can be extremely harsh on your dry skin. You should be wiser and look for a body wash that moisturizes the skin. Don’t be too stressed as we have laid out some of the best body wash for dry skin with soaps for dry skin that you could pick from while forgetting about dryness.
Best Body Washes for Dry Skin – 2020
1. Best Moisturizing Body Wash for Dry Skin: Aveeno Skin Relief
Aveeno creates holistic health care solutions to nourish and provide balance to the skin. Their groundbreaking formula to soothe dry and itchy skin is therapeutic and effective. The gentle body wash does not hamper your skin’s natural moisture barrier and its natural ingredients help in nourishment.
- Colloidal Oatmeal protects the skin and gives a soothing effect especially to those with sensitive skin.
- Dermatologist recommended for people with dry and itchy skin.
- Hypoallergenic and is soap-free, allergy-free, and dye-free.
- Leaves moisture and hydrates skin that can be locked with moisturizing lotion for 24 hours.
2. Best Body Wash for Dry Sensitive Skin: OGX Miracle Oil
Restore long-lasting moisture and envelop it around your body with this luxurious, creamy body wash that is enriched with coconut oil. This body wash hydrates your body like no other and comes with an ultra-hydrating blend formula.
- This extra creamy body wash enriched with coconut oil and extracts of tiare and vanilla bean gives a tropical escape.
- Moisture is restored back to the driest of skins with this fast-absorbing blend.
- Suitable for dry skin, oily skin, normal, and combination skin, hence suitable for all.
- Free of parabens and sulfates hence making it perfect for sensitive skin.
3. Good Body Wash for Dry Skin: Dove Body Wash Pump
Your sensitive skin can relax with this body wash as Dove Body Wash ensures that your skin stays smooth and soft. The formula has been made gentle and mild keeping sensitive skin in mind. Your skin will feel more healthy and moisturized with regular use of this body wash.
- Dermatologist recommended body wash that is hypoallergenic and is safe for sensitive skin.
- It is a cruelty-free product and no animal testing was carried out.
- A soap-free body wash that contains NutriumMoisture, a blend of lipids, that helps in naturally moisturizing the skin.
- A sulfate-free body wash that leaves no residue and gives a softer, smoother skin after just one shower.
You May Also Like: Best Body Washes for Sensitive Skin
4. Best Body Wash for Dry Itchy Skin: Eucerin Advanced
Eucerin’s Cleanser can be used for both face and body as it comes with a mild and gentle formula that preserves the skin’s optimal pH level (ph5). It cleans without leaving a residue and is great for sensitive skin as well as normal skin.
- It helps in moisturizing the skin and does not let the skin dry out by preserving protective barrier of the skin.
- It comes with a soap-free formula and leaves no residue.
- It is great for normal to dry skin that is sensitive as well.
- Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and is also dye-free.
5. Best Moisturizing Body Wash for Dry Skin: Puracy Body Wash
This full-body cleanser that is great for men and women alike and is suitable for all skin types is a no-brainer buy as it is enriched with natural ingredients that will leave your skin smoother and softer. In fact, Puracy is so sure of their products that they will give you a refund if you do not love them.
- The ingredients are all-natural such as Coco Glycinate, Vegetable Glycerin, and Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- Glycerin keeps the skin smooth and silky while Sea Salt exfoliates and hydrates the skin.
- Coco Glycinate protects the layer of skin and gives a fluffy foam that moisturizes the skin.
- Free of sulfates, salicylates, parabens, animal by-products, perfumes, dyes, and is also cruelty-free.
6. Best Drugstore Body Wash for Dry Skin: MediViz for Eczema
This Handmade Soap Therapy is therapeutic for skin with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and just sensitive skin in general. The natural ingredients soothe the skin and help in retaining the moisture of the skin.
- Ingredients such as Olive Oil and Coconut Oil moisturizes the skin naturally and dries itchy skin.
- Raw Shea Butter has natural fatty acids and vitamins that protect natural oils of the skin.
- The body’s moisture is locked in with the help of Hand milled oats.
- 100% Organic, Natural, and Vegan, this soap therapy reduces skin inflammation and fights free radicals.
7. Best Body Wash for Extremely Dry Skin: Dial Body Wash
Get a smooth, luxurious feeling with this body wash. Dial products are known for their quality and fruitful results. This particular body wash, with its exfoliating scrubbers gives a refreshing experience of the Himalayas.
- It makes the skin soft, silky, and nourishes it thoroughly.
- It provides a rich, luxurious lather and attracts moisture amazingly well.
- It is a body wash that can be used daily and washes away bacteria effectively.
- The formula of this body wash attracts moisture, keeping the skin hydrated and conditioned without leaving a filmy residue.
8. Best Natural Body Wash for Dry Skin: CetCetaphil Pro
Dry skin gets moisturized while cleansing and this has been proven clinically by CetCetaphil Pro Dry Skin Body Wash. It has a soap-free formula that works great on sensitive skin and is also suitable for normal skin.
- Moisturizes dry skin and soothes sensitive skin by protecting the moisture of the skin.
- Gives a nourished skin and soothes itchy skin as well.
- Fillagron complex helps in nourishment and retainment of moisture while cleansing the skin gently.
9. Best Soap for Dry Skin: Pre' De Provence Artisanal French
This soap looks vintage and also has a vintage, traditional way of creating it. Pré de Province gives the luxury of a French soap with a very smooth texture. It actually looks so gorgeous that it makes a great idea for a gift basket as well.
- Gives a luxurious, rich lather for moisturizing and softening your skin.
- The fragrance fills the room when you are using it, and even after use.
- Free of parabens, ethyl alcohol, and animal by-products or animal testing.
- With this French Shea Butter soap you enter a time and place where quality and craftsmanship have stood still.
Also consider: Best Antibacterial Soaps in 2020
10. Best Bar Soap for Dry Skin: Dove Beauty Bar
For soft skin with no drying residue, Dove Beauty bar works best. It has 1/4th moisturizing cream and mild cleansers which will not make your skin feel dry or parched. This Dove bar leaves the skin smoother and softer than most of the other soap bars.
- It is highly recommended by Dermatologists and is Hypoallergenic and Unscented.
- Dove soap bars are luxurious and can be used on a daily basis for all parts of the body.
- It retains the natural moisture of the skin as it is made of mild cleansers and moisturizing cream.
- Using a Dove soap bar will not leave drying residue, rather adds up nutrients leaving the skin softer and silkier.
11. Another Best Soap for Dry Skin: Cetaphil Face & Body Bar
The pleasant gentle quality one expects from Cetaphil products is found in this bar of soap. Suitable for all skin types, this soap removes dirt thoroughly without stripping the skin. It forms a rich lather and rinses the skin without leaving a heavy soapy residue.
- This soap can be used on a daily basis for all parts of the body and face.
- Great for deep cleansing of the skin and gets rid of dirt, impurities, and oil easily.
- It is friendly for all skin types, particularly sensitive skin.
- Non-comedogenic that will not irritate the sensitive skin.
12. Best Bar Soap for Dry Skin: Lavender Goat Milk Soap Bars
For many skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and other sensitive skin problems, this soap bar works wonders. Many people who have used this soap have given positive feedback on how it helped them with these issues.
- All ingredients are natural oils such as olive, coconut, palm, lavender oils, and goat’s milk.
- The bars are long-lasting and the lather is luxurious and rich.
- Benefits all skin types but particularly is great for people with skin issues and sensitive, dry skin.
- A lot of love goes into making these bars as they are handmade.
You May Also Like: Best Body Wash for Sensitive Skin in 2020
Best Body Wash for Dry Skin – The Buyer’s Guide
Is it not amazing how there are so many options that one can choose from for just dry skin? Although too many options may get confusing and considering how each one of us has different skin types, it might be best to know what factors we should consider while we are hunting for the best body wash for dry skin. So what are these factors? Here are some of them listed below that could help you:
1. Ingredients to avoid
Sulfates, parabens, ethyl alcohol, dye, retinoids, artificial fragrance, and other harsh ingredients are to be kept at bay as much as possible. Lowering the pH balance of skin leads to dryness which is why products with lye or other caustic components should be avoided.
2. Ingredients to look for:
Look for gentle exfoliants such as glycolic or lactic acid and for safer surfactants such as Methyl Cocoyl, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate or Sodium Cocyl Isethionate. Also soothing and moisturizing ingredients, like ceramides, hyaluronic acid, oils, oat, soy, and shea butter helps.
3. Natural Products:
Products that are natural also have many nourishing qualities. Ingredients such as olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, lavender oils, oatmeal, etc. provide a lot of nourishment to the skin.
4. Follow Routine:
Your dryness will not be helped unless you wash, moisturize, and repeat. That is the routine to be followed without fail.
Also Check: Best Antibacterial Body Wash in 2020
FAQs Related to Best Body Wash for Dry Skin
1. Just a change of soap will help in reducing dryness?
Yes, it will reduce up to some extent. However you have to follow the routine of wash, moisturize and repeat with a moisturizing lotion.
2. How to choose the best soap for dry skin?
Follow the Buyer’s Guide section presented above in the article. Also avoid body washes and soaps with fragrance, dye, and harsh chemicals strictly.
3. How can I reduce the dryness of my skin?
Avoid taking long showers and hot water. Use lukewarm water instead. Using best body wash for dry skin as well as good moisturizing lotions/creams will help.
4. What ingredients to look in body wash for dry skin?
A list of ingredients to avoid and to look for has been stated above inside the Buyer’s Guide section in the article. Look out for natural products as well as safe surfactants and acids such as lactic acid or glycolic acid.
5. What is better body washes or soaps for dry skin?
Body washes come with more benefits than soaps as they are thicker and give more lather which provides more moisture. However some soaps are equally good.
You May Also Like:
- Best Salicylic Acid Body Wash in 2020
- Best Body Washes for Acne-Prone Skin
- Best Body Washes for Men in 2020
Dry skin should not be that problematic anymore, not just in winters but in all seasons once you have chosen one of the best body wash for dry skin. However, do follow your cleansing routine with a moisturizing lotion or cream to protect the moisture of the skin. There is no avoiding it. If you have extremely sensitive skin, it is wise to consult a dermatologist before you choose the best soap for dry skin to go for. There are products that will provide you relief and will soothe your skin, you only are just a click away to find it.