Oily skin can come with a few disadvantages as oily skin is prone to acne. When we talk about acne, it is not just facial acne that disappoints us, body acne is equally frustrating and can be painful. So, what can be done to reduce these inflamed breakouts? Using a body wash with salicylic acid. It may sound scary, but it actually is not. Benefits of right kinds of acids, like salicylic acid, are huge and this BHA (beta hydroxy acid) acid penetrates the skin acting as the first line of defense against bacteria causing acne.
Products with a higher concentration of salicylic acid can be chosen for acne-prone skin but in the case of aging and dry skin, it is best to stick to products with a lower concentration of the acid. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in reducing the production of sebum, removes dead skin cells and combats excessive oil production.
So now that you are fixated on the ingredient to keep acne at bay, does that mean all products would provide the same results? No, you have to learn and research the best salicylic acid body wash for your skin and this article will provide you just that.
10 Best Salicylic Acid Body Washes
1. Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Treatment Body Wash
Get rid of acne on your back, face, shoulders, and chest with this specially designed body wash made with salicylic acid. You experience a blast of grapefruit with its application. Neutrogena has been one of the most recommended brands by dermatologists for acne-prone skin.
- It’s Micro Clear Technology breaks through oil and combats source of breakouts and acne
- The natural grapefruit extract, salicylic acid along with Vitamin C antioxidant fights acne effectively
- This non-comedogenic, bubbly, lathering wash gets rid of acne without drying your body excessively
- One of the best body wash containing salicylic acid.
2. Touch Keratosis Pilaris & Acne Exfoliating Body Wash
When high-quality ingredients combined with science gives a product, you know it is safe for your skin. It is made of a formula that doesn’t dry your skin and takes care of acne as well as Keratosis Pilaris.
- Exfoliate your skin with Touch Body Wash that contains 15% glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid
- Ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Gotu Kola, and Vitamin E moisturizes the skin and makes it soft
- It has a pH of 3.5 which allows acids to work freely on the skin and prevents irritation
- In two weeks, your skin has reduced bumps, hyperpigmentation, ingrown hairs and acne
- It is cruelty-free and is also free of dyes, sulfates, parabens or drying alcohols.
3. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Citrus & Sea Salt
Get a clean, hydrated, fresh skin applying this body wash which gives you rich foam and preserves all your beneficial skin oils. It is made using no harsh chemicals. They also promise you a full refund if you do not enjoy using Puracy Natural Body Wash.
- This cleanser is vegan, derived from fruits and vegetables and is also made of sea salt
- Coco Glycinate gives a fluffy foam and makes the skin moisturized and fresh
- Sea Salt exfoliates, hydrates and purifies the skin, the citrus groves give you a feeling of gentle ocean air
- Free of sulfates, parabens, animal by-products, Cocamidopropyl betaine, perfumes or dyes
4. ReTone Keratosis Pilaris Exfoliating Body Cleanser
ReTone Body Cleanser exfoliates the skin and takes care of Keratosis Pilaris by removing the bumps and reducing the redness. Your skin will start getting rejuvenated and with proper usage, you will soon have sleek, smooth skin.
- Keratin plugs are unclogged by glycolic acid which helps to relieve the skin from Keratosis Pilaris
- Glycolic acid helps in relieving dry, flaky and irritated skin and moisturizes the body
- Great body wash with salicylic acid
5. Simply Made Skincare Gentle Daily Cleanser
Do not worry about the harsh chemicals on your sensitive skin with this cleanser as it gives you a natural wash. The ingredients are gentle and will not result in over-drying your skin while getting rid of acne.
- It uses a natural source of Salicylic Acid called White Willow Bark that exfoliates clammed up cells
- The cleanser helps in combatting against blemishes and breakouts without removing essential oils of the skin
- Pores are minimized because of the presence of Witch Hazel, Tea Tree Oil and Calendula Extract
- It’s vegan-friendly and free of sulfates, parabens, perfumes and animal by-products
6. MenScience Androceuticals Daily Body Wash
A men’s body wash with salicylic acid that will exfoliate your skin, moisturize it and control the odor of the body. As the name suggests, it is a great product for men which cleans the body of its impurities and leaves the skin refreshed and soft.
- Removes oily residues and cleans pores effectively while removing dead skin cells
- Formulated with glycolic acid and salicylic acid is effective for acne-prone skin
- Doesn’t dry out the skin and will revitalize your whole body
7. Anti-Ingrown Body Wash by Sugaring NYC
Looking for the right kind of product for your sensitive skin which will treat the breakouts in your body? Look no further, as this product will understand your sensitive skin and take care of it. This body wash containing salicylic acid is a pretty good option to go for.
- Great product to get rid of breakouts, whiteheads, and blackheads
- Made of lemon, sodium, glycerine, glycolic acid, phenoxyethanol, and 2% salicylic acid
- Moisturizes the skin and keeps it soft and clump-free
8. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash
Irrespective of the type of skin that you have, this body wash will help you in moisturizing and will get rid of oil, dirt, and impurities. A thorough cleansing and smooth skin are what you will get without stripping the essential oils and natural moisture of the skin.
- Vitamin B5, Aloe Vera, and Marigold Flower Extract nourishes your body and hydrates it
- It is dermatologist tested and is fragrance-free and is also hypoallergenic
- Suitable for all skin type and has an extremely refreshing scent
9. Murad Acne Body Wash
Murad Acne Body Wash with its triple-action formula works its miracle on acne-prone skin. This body wash helps in exfoliating and cleans deep pores which in turn prevents breakouts.
- This body wash is suitable for oily, normal and combination skin types
- Ingredients are salicylic acid, date seed powder, glycolic acid, green tea and licorice roots
- Soothes irritated skin, clears breakouts that are active and also prevents new breakouts
- Free of parabens, gluten, sulfates and phthalates, and a small application goes a long way
- Definitely one of the best body washes that contain salicylic acid
10. Natural Body Wash with Activated Coconut Charcoal
Detoxify, Exfoliate and Moisturize your skin with the super ingredients present in this natural body wash. This body wash helps in extracting toxins from pores of the skin and also removes dead cells of the skin. It is great for men and women with all skin types and sensitive skin.
- Activated Coconut Charcoal pulls the toxins while unclogging pores and getting rid of impurities
- White lava volcanic minerals help in exfoliating dead skin revealing a soft smoother skin
- Aloe Vera locks in the moisture of the skin and hydrates it
- Provides a full body detox, is hypoallergenic and is free of paraben and animal by-products
Best Salicylic Acid Body Wash – The Buyer’s Guide
While you now have an idea on how to get your hands on the best salicylic acid body wash, you still may be at a fix on what would be the other factors that could help you in taking care of that sensitive skin. Taking good care of the skin is priority number one and also understanding what else to look for in an acne wash is essential. Listed here are some of the ways which will help you further.
1. Artificial Fragrance-Free
Added fragrance can irritate any skin type. Even naturally induced fragrance that is plant-based could irritate the skin. Stay clear of synthetic fragrance products as well over-foaming cleansers that are marketed mainly for their perfume.
2. Active Ingredients
An active ingredient means a pharmaceutical drug or pesticide that is biologically active. Acne can be cured with the usage of such ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide or glycolic acid.
3. Avoid Experimentation and Excessive Products
If you find a product that suits your skin, then the best advice would be to stick to it rather than going on experimenting with other body washes. Also, if you are using acne medication, avoid using any other products along with it.
4. Non-Comedogenic Products
Look for body washes where it’s labeled as non-comedogenic. The term means it will not clog pores. It is advisable to keep an eye out for other skincare products that are non-comedogenic
You May Like: Best Salicylic Acid Face Washes in 2020
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Best Salicylic Acid Body Wash
1. Which active ingredient works better- Glycolic or Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid is oil-dissolving and is perfect for getting rid of dead skin and excess oils. Glycolic acid helps in reducing acne scars and age spots. While both are useful, salicylic acid is more common.
2. What are some of the natural remedies to get rid of acne?
Avoiding tight clothing if you sweat too much, using a mild cleanser, replacing body lotion with aloe vera, using tea tree oil and avoiding food that causes more body heat.
3. Is it safe to use salicylic acid during pregnancy?
If the content is not over 2% then yes, but there are many body washes available that are made specifically for pregnant women. It is best to stick to those.
4. Is salicylic acid safe for all skin types?
Yes, it is, depending upon the concentration present in the product. However, it is advised to include a good sunscreen in your skincare routine if you’re using any type of acids.
5. Do products with salicylic acid effect pigmentation?
Many cosmeceuticals suggest that it does affect pigmentation and hence people with darker skin type may want to avoid using salicylic acid to avoid hyperpigmentation.
Acne should not be much of a problem anymore once you find the best salicylic acid body wash that is suitable for your skin. If the skin is too sensitive, then it is best to start with products that have a lower concentration of the acid, say about 1% or 2%. You can then eventually graduate to a powerful body wash. Acne could be a cause of insecurity and depression for many people. If you find yourself battling with such issues, then seeing a dermatologist would help. The bottom line is to find yourself the best body wash along with keeping yourself and your skin healthy from within, both mentally and physically.