We are constantly exposed to germs, wherever we go or whatever it is that we do. Let’s all admit it, there are no escaping germs. To eliminate them and keep ourselves clean and safe from various illnesses, many companies are now manufacturing soaps and body wash that are anti-bacterial. While many of these products do claim to be antibacterial body wash, are they really so? How does one decide which is the best antibacterial body wash for their body? The answer to these questions is to know your ingredients. While there are chemicals that are proven to be effective, there are also many natural, organic ingredients that people are inclining more towards these days.
Some of these body washes are good for getting rid of the odor and other infections, while there are some that are also fruitful in helping with skin conditions like eczema, acne, psoriasis, and itching. This article will help you in understanding your ingredients and choose the best antibacterial body wash for your skin type.
Best Antibacterial Body Washes in 2020
1. ArtNaturals Tea Tree Body and Foot Wash
A body wash made of all-natural ingredients that leaves a gentle fragrance, protects against fungi and germs, moisturizes the skin is what this is. If staying active, being athletic is your way of living life, then this body wash will aid you in fighting unwanted bacteria that could cause athlete’s foot, psoriasis, jock itch or dry and itchy skin.
- This body wash is a formula of concentrated natural ingredients like Tea Tree, peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, jojoba, coconut, olive and oregano oils.
- Tea Tree Oil combined with oregano and other oh-so-smooth botanical oils makes this body wash anti-fungal, antiseptic and provides protection from germs.
- It is paraben, SLS, petrolatum, phthalates, and cruelty (no animal testing) free.
- The natural oils and the goodness of tea tree will refresh your skin in the smoothest way possible leaving the moisture on your skin for a long time.
2. Dial Body Wash, Himalayan Salt
Dial products are known for their quality and fruitful results. This particular body washes, with its exfoliating scrubbers, give a refreshing experience of the Himalayas.
- It makes the skin soft, silky and nourishes it thoroughly.
- It is a body wash that can be used daily and washes away bacteria effectively.
- The formula of this body wash attracts moisture, keeping the skin hydrated and conditioned without leaving a filmy residue.
3. Dial Body Wash, Marula Oil
This other Dial Body Wash is equally effective with its rich luxurious lather and silky texture. Marula Oil is now in the spotlight for its many uses. It is extracted from the fruit of the Marula tree, it absorbs easily leaving the skin supple, moisturized, elastic and tight simultaneously.
- Marula Oil in Dial Body Wash formulated with Micro Oil Technology provides a luxurious lather making the skin smooth and clean.
- The skin stays hydrated after a deep cleansing and it also does not leave a filmy residue.
- Moisturizes the body profusely and nourishes the skin when used daily.
4. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Citrus & Sea Salt, Bath & Shower Gel
We see a drastic inclination toward natural ingredients and Puracy Natural Body Wash aces at its game. It is a body wash that is suitable for all skin types and for all genders. You want to experience a rejuvenating experience and expect a nourished, silky skin from a plant-powered body wash? If yes, then this is it for you.
- The product is a vegan cleanser, cruelty-free, uses no jarring ingredients like sulfates, parabens, salicylates, petroleum-based ingredients, perfumes or dyes.
- The presence of Citrus and Sea Salt gives a fresh fragrance of ocean air.
- Coco Glycinate gives a luxurious, fluffy foam that moisturizes the skin and keeps it hydrated.
5. FineVine Anti-Fungal Tea Tree Body and Foot Wash, 100% Natural Tea Tree Body Wash
We all love to smell good and stay clean 24*7, but that is not possible since life gets in the way, so does a lot of germs and pollution. FineVine Body and Foot Wash helps us a lot with this problem though, with its formula of natural tea tree oil, organic olive oil, and aloe vera.
- Tea tree oil is antibacterial and when applied on a regular basis, this body wash will help you get rid of acne, toenail fungus, jock itch, athlete’s foot, ringworm and also body odor.
- The presence of olive oil also aids in removing bacteria and fungus leaving the skin supple and smooth.
- Aloe Vera is mother nature’s moisturizer and this ingredient makes sure the dead cells of your skin are taken care of.
6. Stellar Naturals Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
Tea Tree, Peppermint, Jojoba, Rosemary, Aloe Vera, Eucalyptus Oil, Coconut, Olive and Oregano are the ingredients present in this body wash. What more could you ask for? The goodness of these ingredients takes care of the bacteria helping sensitive skin find relief by moisturizing and cleaning it.
- The natural ingredients kill the bacteria and remove fungus which helps in the removal of acne scars, eczema, athlete’s foot, body itch, ringworm, toenail fungus, and body odor.
- The ingredients are all-natural, with natural oils and vitamin D and E. It has no added parabens, chemicals or preservatives.
- Tea Tree Oil has healing properties because it is antiseptic and is a disinfectant.
7. Majestic Pure Tea Tree Body Wash & Foot Soap
Majestic Pure Tea Tree Body Wash is made using European techniques, which is completely plant-based. Natural ingredients work its magic on irritated and dry skin and provide hydration to the skin.
- This body wash is not tested on animals, hence is cruelty-free.
- It is 100% natural with a 5% concentration of Tea Tree Oil and is absolutely free from harmful chemicals.
- Because of its organic ingredients, it has the ability to fight off stubborn yeast, bacteria, and fungus that causes body odor, acne, ringworm, jock itch, and other usual skin and foot irritation.
8. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash with Oat
This is one of those daily use body wash that is great for dry and itchy skin. The Musher brothers studied the benefits of finely milled colloidal oatmeal and infused it into a cleanser that removes dirt thoroughly and provides a moisturized, nourished skin.
- Using the power of science and goodness of nature, it provides a healthy-looking skin with rich nourishment.
- The benefits of oatmeal are many which is why it’s one of the best ingredients for your skincare. It’s great for dry and sensitive skin.
- Dermatologist recommended as it is rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. It’s allergy-tested and is dye-free.
9. Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Treatment Body Wash with Salicylic Acid Acne Medicine
Neutrogena has been the number 1 brand amongst dermatologists for a very long time. The exuberance of Pink Grapefruit and the formula of salicylic acid make this body wash great for fighting breakouts on face, chest, back, and shoulders.
- Salicylic Acid uplifted by oil-breaking Micro Clear Technology cuts through excess oil without making the skin dry.
- Pink Grapefruit extract plus Vitamin C leaves a citrus fragrance that is gentle and refreshing.
- Helps with unclogging congested pores and cleans it without leaving residue, making the skin refreshed and clean.
10. Kennedy SPORT Hair & Body Cleanser for Athletes
If you have an active lifestyle then this your body wash to go to. Hygiene is a big concern when your body oozes out sweat and is prone to all sorts of germs. This cleanser is amazing because of its antibacterial properties and is a two-in-one package – can be used for your hair and body.
- The best antibacterial body wash for all athletes out there, specifically designed for Wrestlers.
- Both men and women can use it to aggressively kill germs in the body and get rid of bacteria causing odour.
- This synthetic cleanser gives a rich foaming lather and leaves the body with a fresh fragrance.
You May Like: Best Body Wash for Pregnancy – 2020
Best Antibacterial Body Wash – The Buyers’ Guide
One might argue why to choose an antibacterial body wash over a regular body wash when the work of both is to just clean the body. Well, let me tell you this, antibacterial body wash is no longer just a luxury, it’s becoming a necessity. If you want to take care of your skin with all seriousness and need more convincing on why you should opt for an antibacterial body wash, then here are more reasons listed down for you –
1. Anti-bacterial properties, germs in check:
Germs get transferred from hands to mouth to other parts of the body and if precautions are not taken, diseases are inevitable. These body washes are designed with antibacterial properties that will keep the germs in check and protect the body from disease-causing bacteria that reside on our skin.
2. Forms a protective layer keeping infections at bay:
Some of these body washes are also designed in a way that forms a protective layer on the skin and resits bacteria and germs from sticking on to it.
3. Control breakouts and acne:
Since acne is a result of bacteria on the skin, these products are made of ingredients that work their magic and keeps the blemishes and breakouts in check.
4. Natural ingredients do not clog pores:
The organic antibacterial body wash has proven to be extremely effective at absorbing excess oils and dirt from pores without drying up the skin.
5. Love your environment:
Since most of the antibacterial body washes are organic, you are not putting your environment in danger by using them. Chemical-based cleaners eventually find a way to reach water bodies that harm marine life and other flora and fauna.
FAQs Related to Best Antibacterial Body Wash
1. What are some of the ingredients we should avoid?
There are ingredients that could be harmful to your body hence understanding your ingredients is crucial. Try to use a product that is free from Parabens, Synthetic Fragrance, Dyes, Diethanolamine (DEA), SLS and other sulfates.
2. How can an antibacterial body wash remove body odor?
The antibacterial properties fight against bacteria and fungus that cause body odor. A sweaty skin attracts more bacteria which is why antibacterial body washes are great for people with an active lifestyle.
3. Is a body wash safe for my face?
We recommend you know your ingredients for your skin type as the facial skin is more sensitive than other parts of the body. Antibacterial body washes absorb excess oils and works against acne; hence it is also great for acne-prone faces. Also, our face is the body part that is most exposed, hence requiring more priority when it comes to a thorough cleansing.
4. How do I know which is the best antibacterial body wash for my skin type?
Most of the natural ingredients like Tea Tree Oil, Jojoba, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, Oatmeal, Eucalyptus, etc are safe for all skin types. For products with chemical ingredients, it is recommended that you do a patch test. Scrub a bit of it on your inner thigh or wrist and see if your skin has a reaction to it. Also, stay away from artificial scented body wash.
Suggested Read: Best Bathing Soaps for Dark Skin (Reviews & FAQs)
Now you are aware of some of the best antibacterial body washes that are available out there in the market. All you have to do now is match your skin type with the ingredients present in a body wash and apply it to feel the magic happen. Be careful, if you have sensitive skin, always proceed with patch tests. Most of these body washes are great for daily usage which will help your skin stay away from infections and kill germs. Check for FDA approval for your satisfaction and it is always advisable to check the expiry date as organic ingredients may have a limited shelf-life. There is nothing that can stop you now from getting a clean and healthier skin if you make a well-informed decision of getting the best antibacterial body wash for yourself.