Microneeding is a very common skincare procedure these days. However, the products you use after the procedure make an overall impact on the health of your skin. Your skin is the largest, living, breathing organ in the body that is very much similar to any manufactured machine that operates best when taken care of it. Your skin demands your special attention and care and there is a reason why skincare is a billion-dollar industry. The care of your skin cannot be overemphasized.
Here are some serious points that you need to keep in mind if before going for Microneedling:
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling (also known as collagen induction therapy) is a procedure done to stimulate collagen production in the lower layers of your skin. Collagen is the building blocks of the skin that supports and strengthens the cells of your skin, thereby smoothing out and making it firmer. In the process of microneedling, channels are created which open up the pores of the skin. In this small window of time, it is essential to apply the right skincare products to maximize the results of microneedling. Furthermore, you will begin to notice the difference in your skin within days and weeks after following a proper skincare regime. Your face will start looking fuller and more youthful and you will need to take special care during this time to choose the right skincare products to complement and enhance your microneedling procedure. Microneedling is known as derma rolling procedure too.
5 Core Benefits of Using The Serum after Microneedling:
There is a reason why it is advised to invest in a good microneedling serum. Here are 5 reasons you need to use the serum after getting your microneedling done.
- First and foremost, it quickly removes the red effect
- Cure the swelling
- Regenerate the tissue cell and hydration
- Prevents any potential side effects
- Protects infections
Top 10 Best Products to Use After Microneedling:
Here is the list of some of the best serums you can try your hands on to…
1. Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior
Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior – Anti-Wrinkle Treatment – Anti-Aging Solution 1.7 oz
There are high chances of your skin to respond to the micro-injuries caused by derma rolling by producing more elastin and collagen. That means crepey skin is plumped up and fine lines and wrinkles are improved. In other words, just practicing a derma-rolling routine will improve your wrinkles. However, that does not mean that you cannot bolster that routine with an anti-aging serum. (Again, just be sure to choose one that doesn’t have retinol—which is considered reactive).
- This Kate Somerville picks formulated with high levels of hyaluronic acid, is a perfect treatment for filling up wrinkles.
- It makes saggy skin appear youthful and bouncy.
- Not only this, it even promises to improve firmness and elasticity of the skin.
2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum, 1 oz
Derma-rolling has the ultimate power to heal your dry, flaky skin perfectly if applied with the right serum, as the microneedles present in it push hydration deep into the subsurface layers of the dermis.
- A hyaluronic acid-based serum is known to hydrate and plump the skin from the inside-out and can hold up to 1000 times its weight hence is always a solid option.
- The benefits of hyaluronic acid are enormous and therefore is the best choice for your skin.
- This water-based serum from First Aid Beauty, which is a favorite of Byrdie’s social media editor Aimee Jefferson.
- To hydrate it has hyaluronic acid, to plump lines and wrinkles, it has peptides and an extra boost of collagen, too.
- To calm and soothe skin it also comes with aloe and colloidal oatmeal that can help cut down on post-treatment irritation.
3. Dr. Song Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face and Skin, 4 fl. oz, Anti-Aging Skincare Treatment with Moisturizing Hydration, Diminish Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Paraben-Free
- Pure Anti-Aging Support – Everyone wants to look young and have a natural skin tone. A true facial treatment is the one that can give you perfect skin by diminishing free lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. The hyaluronic acid serum has it all to help you to replenish your youthful radiance and natural skin tone.
- Revitalizing Hydration – The deeply moisturizing pure hyaluronic acid can do wonders just by entering into the pores. It restores the skin’s softness, firmness and clarity thereby giving you healthy-looking skin.
- Noticeable Luminescence – Using this anti-aging skincare serum daily helps you lightening the dark spots, brighten skin discoloration and can give you a beautiful even gleam across your face.
- Gentle, Safe and Vegan-Friendly – Suitable for all skin types, whether dry, oily or combination of both. Along with offering a clinical strength formula, this serum is free of oils, dyes, fillers, or harsh fragrances and is enriched with completely natural ingredients.
4. Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face Skin Eyes Lips by Joyal Beauty. 100% Pure Best Anti-aging Hydrating Original Hyaluronan for Topical Use. Highest 4% Solution. Ranked Number 1 HA. Anti Wrinkle Smoother
- Highest quality. Ranked as number 1 hyaluronic acid serum with 100% pure and natural ingredients. It has no chemicals, no alcohol and is also 100% vegan. Even preservative is derived from organic radish.
- The highest pure hyaluronic acid concentration in the market. Highest 4% sodium hyaluronate solution. Other 100% pure HA brands are only 0.5% or 1% sodium hyaluronate solution. Equal to 4 oz of other 100% pure HA brands 1% solution. Unlike other 100% pure HA brands’ watered and ineffective HA serums, this 100% pure HA serum is thicker, smoother and much more effective.
- Best skin absorption. The researchers have proved that the ideal low molecular weight HA of 50 kDa is the best for the skin. Size does matter. No chemical thickeners. pH is 4.5-5.5 which is the same as normal skin’s pH. Soft enough for sensitive skin and delicate eyes area. Sodium hyaluronate form can also penetrate deeper into the skin compared with other HA forms.
- Boost hydration of the deeper layer of skin when applied to damp skin. It helps in improving the appearance of fine lines and dry wrinkles. For better use, combine it with vitamin c serum, retinol serum, royal jelly serum, and glycolic acid age-defying serum.
5. CeraVe Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid | Skin Brightening Serum for Face with 10% Pure Vitamin C | Fragrance-Free | 1 Fl. Oz
Suggested by a Korean skincare brand Dr Jart this redness-reducing serum called Cicapai is for all derma-rolling purposes. Derma-rollers are not made for people with sensitive skin as it only causes even more redness and irritation. Formulated with an Asian herbal plant that calms redness and irritation and speeds up skin recovery CeraVe is the best choice for sensitive skin.
Ready to reap the advantages of microneedling without the consequences..!!
- [ ANTIOXIDANT BENEFITS ] Formulated with 10 percent l ascorbic acid, the purest form of Vitamin C, to help provide antioxidant protection
- [ HYDRATING SERUM ] It enables to improve skin tone, texture, and hydration for a healthy-looking, radiant tone
- [ MOISTURE RETAINING INGREDIENTS ] Formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6 II), moisturizing hyaluronic acid, and soothing Vitamin B5
- [ PROTECTIVE PACKAGING ] Helps prevent oxidation and maintain product performance
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Fragrance-free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic.
6. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 30ml
It is said correctly that you should never derma-roll over inflamed skin or acne. It can only make things worse by interrupting your skin’s natural healing process. However, if oiliness and blemishes are a problem for you, but you still want in on the microneedling action then you should go for serum. You just have to be gentle enough to roll it onto the parts of your skin that are calm and blemish-free. (Blemish-prone skin is fine; broken-out skin is not.)
- This budget-friendly pick from The Ordinary balances sebum production in the skin and helps in controlling inflammation and oiliness.
- If you want, you can use the serum on breakouts but avoid the derma-roller.
- It reduces blemishes and skin congestion.
7. Capture Youth Glow Booster Age-Delay Illuminating Serum by Dior
- This glow-boosting serum from Dior is one of the most effective serums available in the market.
- Enriched with vitamin C and a little alpha hydroxy acid, too, so patch testing is paramount before trying this out.
- A great product to illuminate the complexion and bringing back the radiance without any irritation.
- Enriched with, AHAs and vitamin C and may be too harsh for some people, so it is advised to go for patch testing beforehand. Since, the product might not show the same results on every skin type—especially when a derma-rolling practice is involved.
8. Blossom Jeju Pink Camellia Soombi Blooming Jeju for Women, Vitamin Radiance Booster, 3.4 Oz
- This K-beauty serum is composed of camellia flower extract, broccoli extract, and beetroot extract to brighten your complexion.
- Not only this, but it is also incredibly rich in antioxidants, which makes it a good option among people looking for products to fight free radicals and the subsequent signs of aging that result from them.
- Overall, an essential superfood smoothie for your face.
Derma Rollers You Should Invest in:
The microneedling tools are little bit expensive, but as customers reviewed about the derma rolling tools that they are worth the investment. The stimulation by the dermaroller helps your skin to regenerate the cells and increases blood flow.
1. StackedSkincare Micro-Roller .2mm Stainless Steel Needles
As for the actual derma-rolling tool itself, this one from Stacked Skincare is an amazing choice. The rolling head is thin and maneuverable to reach even the smallest spots on your face, like between the eyebrows, the under-eye area, and the upper lip. More importantly than that, it has needles that are fine and thin but not at all damaging to the skin.
2. Healthy Care 540 Derma Roller Microneedling Instrument for Face 0.25mm – Titanium Micro Needles Skin Care Tool
An easy to use yet effective. This derma-rolling tool from Ora is the current favorite among all the young women. Most importantly, available only at only $9.99, it does not make a big impact on the wallet when it comes time to repurchase. A single solution for multiple issues: It can be used as an exfoliator – Rejuvenates skin, promotes pores and skin elasticity and increases skin thickness.
How to Choose the Best Products to Use After Microneedling – The Buyer’s Guide
You need to keep an eye on some instructions before investing your hard-earned money on any product:
The first and foremost thing is to inspect the included ingredients in the product. Make sure it is dermatologically tested, utterly refined and overall, suitable for your skin type. Do not buy any product that has retinol as it is not good to use retinol after microneedling. Checkout the ingredients and avoid the product that has vitamin A (retinol), Vitamin C, Scrubs or any active skincare ingredient.
The effectiveness of a product is 60 % depends on its strength. That is the reason you should always take those items that can ensure your proper durability.
3. Simple application:
Always use products that are smooth, efficient, and timesaving along with a DIY system.
Check its price and warranty period as well. Be a smart buyer and make a habit to always, read the users` reviews and experts’ comments before investing in any product.
Microneedling Aftercare: What Skincare Looks Like
In the first 72 hours after getting a microneedling procedure done, this is what you should do:
1. Cleanliness will be your mantra:
Microneedling is based on creating micro-injuries to your skin. Like any injury, your skin will be a little raw and tender after this process. Therefore, keeping the wounds clean is paramount to avoid infection. As per MDPen recommendation, only a gentle cleanser and tepid water should be used to wash the skin. Also, make sure your hands are completely clean while you are washing the treated area.
A microneedling treatment stresses your skin and that is the reason it becomes very dry. This stressed and dry skin is the plausible cause of the tightness you may experience in microneedling aftercare. To restore the water content to the skin as quickly as possible is important to make it healthier. Hyaluronic acid (the purer the better) is the best skin care product to restore the water content. With your opened pores, hyaluronic acid will reach the lower layers quickly making a great impact.
Microneedling is an all-natural facelift created through a minor injury. So healing your body is a must to maximize the results. Choose an antioxidant serum containing all-natural ingredients and properties that will soothe the skin, reduce irritation, and promote the skin rejuvenation process.
4. Avoid any harmful irritants to the skin:
You need to be super careful about your skincare regime after microneedling. The pores will clog easily and not heal properly during the healing phase if you apply skincare products or makeup. Microneedling on its own is highly effective for minimizing the signs of aging. However, to maximize the regeneration process all you can do from your end is to apply natural ingredients.
5. Collagen-stimulating peptides are highly recommended to make the most out of your treatment:
Peptides are chains of amino acids that come together in a chain and become proteins. Short chains of amino acids have the power to penetrate the top layer of our skin thereby stimulating collagen production and helping strengthen the collagen itself.
6. Be in protection mode:
As your skin is healing, you need to be super careful and protect it for at least a week. Avoid sunlight, tanning beds, swimming, and exercise as well during this time.
7. Chemical-free is your friend:
Once the critical 72 hour passes, you need to pick chemical-free skincare products. Mentioned below are some of the skincare tips that you need to keep in mind to heal the skin and enhance the microneedling procedure simultaneously.
Extra Tips to Keep in Mind:
- Avoid going in sunlight for a minimum of 7 days after getting microneedling done. In case of emergency use proper protection before stepping out: sunglass, hat or umbrella.
- Avoid dust and keep yourself and your surroundings clean as dust particles are the main reason for infection and various diseases.
- Forget about swimming for at least 2 to 3 days.
- Avoid using retinol after microneedling.
Also Check: Best Korean Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin
FAQs Regarding the Best Products After Microneedling
1. What does Microneedling do for your skin?
It treats acne, Wrinkles, Fine Lines, and any acne scars. It makes you look young and beautiful.
2. Should I moisturize my face after microneedling?
Yes, you can moisturize it by vitamins or vitamin serums that are widely available in the market. Moisturizer after microneedling is little uncomfortable with creams and moisturizers but yes you can use serums after microneedling that are available in the market, as they will help your skin to heal fast and decreases the redness of your face.
3. Can I Swim after microneedling?
You can not swim for 2-3 days after microneedling.
4. Can I use Retinol after microneedling?
It’s a big No to use retinol after microneedling. Retinol has vitamin A so it is not advised to use any alpha hydroxy acid, beta hydroxy acid, retinol, vitamin C scrubs, or anything that can be considered as active skin care! Retinol can be too strong to use on skin after microneedling.
We hope that you guys are able to find the best products to use after microneedling via this article and if you already have used some or more, do let us know in the comment section. Happy buying!