As we all know oily skin comes with its own struggles, more often than other skin types. It may be hard to have makeup that stays on all day and one might have to struggle with shiny spots or re-apply foundation again and again.
Do you relate to these problems with your oily skin?
Worry not, finding the best BB cream for oily skin will help you maintain a matte finish without any white or chalky look and you can be relaxed about your makeup. BB creams are not just foundations that blur blemishes, they have a lot of other benefits such as hydrating and moisturizing the skin, protecting it from sun damage and harmful UV rays that could also lead to skin cancer.
Since the skin type is oily, you have to be careful about the ingredients you pick. It has to be a cream that is lightweight and absorbs oil easily. The formula should be non-greasy and should not give a shiny appearance. It would be best to stick to the BB creams that are labeled as “matte finish.”
There are many options, but investing in a product that will go into your daily skincare regime should be done after thorough research. To make this process easier for you, we have curated a list of BB creams that are highly suitable for oily skin.
Best BB Creams for Oily Skin in 2020
1. Best Matte BB Cream: COVERGIRL Water Base BB Cream
Hide blemishes, get a matte look, and an even skin tone with the perfect amount of coverage with Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream. This BB Cream is specifically meant for the ones with oily skin.
- The formula is oil-free and gives a matte finish that does not clog pores.
- It provides a natural look as it is a water-based foundation that is easy to apply and blend.
- Non-comedogenic and specifically designed for oily skin that lets the skin breathe.
- Prevent breakouts, gives a perfect amount of coverage, and hides all flaws of your skin.
2. Best BB cream for Acne Prone Skin: La Roche-Posay Effaclar
This BB cream from La Roche-Posay for oily skin helps in hiding blemishes large pores by absorbing oil easily. It gives a matte finish providing an even skin tone. It easily absorbs sweat and humidity.
- The formula has mattifier airlicium that smoothens the skin and soaks 150X its weight in shine and oil.
- Provides protection against harmful UV rays with SPF 20.
- The texture is lightweight, made of Titanium Dioxide mineral that absorbs humidity and provides medium makeup coverage.
- Free of parabens, fragrance and is non-comedogenic that has been dermatologist tested, making it safe for sensitive acne prone skin.
Recommended Read: Best Night Creams for Acne Prone Skin
3. Best Oil-Free BB Cream: bareMinerals Hydrating Gel
You will fall in love with this Tinted Cream as it not just hides your blemishes and flaws but it also provides hydration to the skin and gives a fresh feeling while replenishing the skin. Not just a BB cream but, it’s also the best tinted moisturizer for acne prone skin out there.
- Suits medium skin with tones that are neutral and gives sheer to medium coverage.
- Formulated with coconut-derived ingredients and marine botanicals, with mineral electrolytes that energize skin.
- Skin gets replenished with calcium and magnesium; skin’s moisture is retained with potassium.
- It has water-encapsulations that hydrates skin and a broad spectrum of SPF 30 protects the skin from UV rays.
4. Good BB Cream for Oily Skin: Burt's Bees BB Cream
Burt’s Bees BB cream with Noni Extract is a cream that is between a foundation that is lightweight and moisturizing lotion for the face. It comes in 3 shades and has shown many face care benefits.
- Formulated with broad-spectrum SPF 15 protects skin and also makes it firmer.
- The cream moisturizes, smoothens, conceals, and illuminates the skin.
- It helps in concealing while reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Formulated with Noni extract which is antioxidant-rich, mineral pigments that provide lightweight coverage.
5. BB Cream for Combination Skin: Neutrogena Moisturizer
Reduce lines and wrinkles using Neutrogena Tinted Facial Moisturizer that comes with broad-spectrum SPF 20. This protects the skin against UV rays while offering anti-aging properties of retinol, building a sheer coverage that is blendable and evens skin tone.
- Formulated with antioxidants, vitamins, and retinol that helps give a younger-looking skin.
- It can be used daily and contains titanium dioxide that protects the skin from UV rays.
- Makes your regular skincare healthier and is suitable for all skin types.
- Lightweight and non-greasy formula with natural coverage.
6. Best for Natural Ingredients: Tinted Sunscreen for Face
Every anti-aging skincare routine should include sunscreen but the sunscreen should not be a cheap one that leaves a chalky and white look. With clean, organic, and natural ingredients, this sunscreen nourishes the skin thoroughly.
- A lightweight formula with SPF 20 protects the skin from harmful UV rays without leaving a white and chalky appearance.
- Free of parabens, mineral oil, and fragrance making it suitable for sensitive, dry or acne-prone skin.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles giving a young look as it prevents loss of elasticity and pigmentation.
- Essential organic oils such as argan oil, aloe, and coconut oil nourish skin and make it firm.
7. Garnier BB Cream for Oily Skin: Garnier Skin Perfector
Brighten, renew and get an even skin tone with ultimate skin protection using Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream. It is easily applicable and gives quick healthy-looking complexion.
- Formulated with caffeine, tinted mineral pigments, and antioxidant Vitamin C.
- Designed particularly for normal-to-dry skin.
- Hydrates skin for 24 hours and protects it from damage while providing an even skin tone.
- Gives a radiant skin and covers skin concerns such as blotchiness, dryness, discoloration.
8. Good BB Cream for Oily Skin: Revlon PhotoReady
This perfector has a combination of moisturizer, foundation, primer, concealer, and sunscreen hence giving amazing coverage and a perfect look.
- It comes with SPF 30 and provides the perfect skin look that appears as bright and radiant.
- Hydrates the skin like a moisturizer and also smoothens the skin like a primer.
- Covers discoloration like a foundation and blurs flaws and blemishes like a concealer.
9. Good BB cream for Combination Skin: No7 Beautiful Skin Cream
Flaunt your spotless, flawless skin with No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream that is made specifically for normal to oily skin (i.e. the best bb cream for combo skin.) It covers flaws and gives a younger-looking appearance with its nutrients enriched formula.
- It has a unique 3-in-1 formula that blurs imperfections and provides an even, enhanced skin tone.
- SPF 15 and 5 * UVA technology helps in keeping the skin youthful by protecting it from harmful UV rays.
- Suitable for oily skin and is hypoallergenic, which makes it suitable for slightly sensitive skin as well.
- The formula is nutrient-enriched which helps in removing blemishes.
10. Best BB Cream for Redness: Mineral Sheer Tinted Moisturizer
Last but definitely not the least recommendation for the best BB creams for oily skin, this tinted moisturizer provides protection from sun damages while giving a sheer coverage with a demi-matte finish. It protects the skin from environmental aggressors and nourishes the skin.
- Antioxidant vitamins such as Vitamin A, C & E save cells from free radical damage.
- You can apply before sun exposure using a foundation brush or fingertips, either under foundation or alone.
- Free of parabens, fragrance, dyes, talc, and is hypoallergenic.
- One of the best matte bb cream for oily skin.
- Delivers high-performance appearance by covering pores with its complex synergistic combination of mono-spheres and fillers.
Buyer’s Guide to Buy the Best BB Cream for Oily Skin
As mentioned earlier, the research has to be thorough for any product that goes into your daily skincare routine. So when there are many options out there, it would be wise to keep a few factors in mind while choosing the best BB cream for oily skin.
1. Ingredients to avoid
Look for ingredients that are not greasy and which are free of harsh chemicals and parabens, dyes, synthetic fragrance, gluten. Also, if the formula has oils and buttery ingredients, it would be best to avoid it.
2. Ingredients to choose
Hyaluronic acid hydrates skin, dimethicone helps in protecting skin from dryness without giving greasy feels. Retinol helps in reducing pore size which further reduces oil production in skin and niacinamide helps in absorbing excess oil and renews skin.
Coverage varies from sheer, medium to full. For a no-makeup look, opt for a sheer BB cream and if you want to hide out all imperfections or go for a heavy makeup look, then go for full coverage BB cream for oily skin.
Your BB cream’s shade should go with your skin tone. If you are buying a cream that is too light or too dark for your skin then it would be a waste of money. Look for a shade that is closer to your skin tone and is blendable.
FAQs Related To BB Creams for Oily Skin
1. What is the difference between BB and CC creams?
BB (Beauty and Blemishes) creams are lighter and they provide moisturizing properties and SPF protection. CC (color correcting) creams give a higher coverage and are buildable, hence concealing flaws or spots completely.
2. Why should I use BB cream for oily skin?
BB creams are not just used for hiding blemishes but they also act as moisturizers that provide hydration to the skin, most of them have anti-aging properties and protect from sun damage.
3. Does BB cream cause acne?
Well, it totally depends on your skin type and ingredients used in a cream. Some BB creams result in acne breakouts due to some reasons like being heavy for a particular skin. You have to make sure that the BB cream you’re picking is absolutely oil-free to prevent acne scars and large pores.
4. How should I apply the cream?
Put a sufficient amount on palm and apply in a circular motion, without overdoing it as your skin is already oily. You can apply it under the eyes as well.
5. Can BB cream be used daily?
Yes, it can be used daily and can also be substituted for other products such as moisturizer or sunscreen.
6. Is BB Cream better than CC cream?
CC cream provides better coverage and corrects color whereas BB cream provides lighter coverage and can be used as a foundation replacement.
7. Should I use sunscreen along with BB cream?
Most BB creams come with broad-spectrum SPF. For oily skin, it is best to buy BB creams that have SPF presence and matte finish.
This is one product that can actually replace many of your other skincare products, which means it saves time, money, and energy in finding all the perfect products for your oily skin. There are many benefits as mentioned, but you must invest in a good brand and always make sure that the cream suits your skin, so start with a patch test.
If you have a reaction then do not further use the product. BB cream can help you feel more confident and help you in flaunting a perfect, flawless skin for the world to see. It has become an essential skincare item for everyone, hence it is not difficult to find your best BB creams for oily skin anymore.