The magic portion comes in small sizes and the primer is that magic portion your skin needs. The roots have to be strong and should be able to hold ground, similarly, a good primer is needed to take care of your skin and makeup, having spent a lot of expensive makeup and makeup equipment is of no use if your right primer isn’t in place. The best primer for deep acne scars are available in the form of powders, lotions, and gels.
A primer acts as the stepping stone to keep your makeup in tacked and long-lasting, it evens out skin tones, disguises flaws, reduces inflammation and redness, hydrates and nourishes skin, reduces oil and shine from the face, helps fill in wrinkles and fine lines, makes pores appear smaller, the list is endless.. so the long and short of it is that it’s a necessity to save your face. Let us help you find the best primer for large pores and acne scars.
Best Primer for Deep Acne Scars in 2020
1. Philosophy Supernatural Poreless/Flawless Tinted Primer, SPF 15, 1.6 Ounce
This product is all about what will make you look super but in a natural way. The product can be applied just after the moisturizer in the morning, you may follow it up by your make up routine or even go bare.
- This tinted foundation primer multi-tasks and acts like a skin perfector and SPF.
- It maintains your natural skin glow as it is oil-free.
- Helps in making an even skin tone
- Smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles
2. DHC Velvet Skin Coat
The product not only reduces the oiliness of the skin but instantaneous softens and improves the look of your skin. The minimization of fine lines, pores and imperfections make you look fresh and flawless regardless if you team this product up with your makeup or not. The reduction of the oiliness from the face due to this product helps the makeup glide on and last longer without any drying time.
Directions to use: Following your regular skincare routine, smooth evenly over face or onto areas of concern, including fine lines and visible pores. Apply makeup as usual.
- The unique transparent, powdery gel texture
- Apply before foundation or wear alone for a flawless, natural look
- Can also be used on hands and neck
- Used by professional makeup artists worldwide
3. TOUCH IN SOL No Pore Blem Primer, 1.01 fl.oz(30ml) 2 Pack – Face Makeup Primer, Big Pores Perfect Cover, Skin Flawless And Glowing, Instantly Smoothes Lines, Long Lasting Makeup’s Staying
Pink to the rescue!! Issues of big pores and uneven textures can be solved with this catchy named product NO PORE BLEM PRIMER.
- Pore perfecting primer leaves skin flawless and glowing – ready for a no-makeup day, or a makeup artists’ best face forward.
- Lightweight formula that offers seamless coverage for pores, wrinkles + uneven complexion.
- Green tea extract protects + energizes skin, acting as a perfect primer for color-true, long-lasting makeup wear.
- Infused with soluble collagen to help with skin moisture levels and elasticity.
- For best results, apply an even layer after moisturizer – as the very last step before makeup application.
4. Smashbox Photo Finish Oil-Free Pore Minimizing By Smashbox for Women – 1 Oz Primer, 1 Oz
- A primer that can be used every day without any fear.
- It improves manageability for smooth responsive styling.
- It mutes warm undertones and adds more depth.
For best application of the product, apply a sheer layer over clean moisturized skin after warming the primer with your fingers before applying.
5. Etude House FIX&FIX Tone Up Primer SPF33 PA++ (Lavender)
FIX&FIX Tone Up Primer is SPF33 PA++ is a multi-task performer it not only acts as a UV protector and takes care of wrinkles. It helps in skin brightening as well.
The product is available in 3 varieties and each one has a separate and distinct purpose and color.
#01 Rose: corrects darkness of skin to deliver vital and clear skin tone
#02 Mint: corrects redness on the skin to deliver fresh and clear skin tone
#03 Lavender: corrects yellowness to deliver delicate skin tone
Direction to use: After using skincare products, evenly apply an appropriate amount on the face in the direction of skin texture before applying cushion or makeup.
6. Pores No More Refiner Primer 1 Oz
It can be used on all skin types but it works best for oily/combination skin, the product absorbs the oils and minimizes the look of pores. It provides an instant matte finish with or without makeup. The primer is sleek and manages to smooth and even the skin’s texture.
- Formulated with tea tree oil, an essential antibacterial; flaxseed extract, a powder extracted from the flaxseed plant that absorbs oil
- Reduces shine and regulates oil production; and microspheres
- A White fine mineral powder that immediately minimizes the appearance of large pores by diffusing light.
- The tube is of portable size and can be used for quick touch-ups for a memorable photo.
Directions of use: Use in the morning after cleansing with Pores No More Cleanser. Re-apply throughout the day as necessary.
7. Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Pro Balm Face Primer Pore Minimizer .75 Ounce
The name of this product is depictive and smart so as the product, it quickly minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin. It compliments all skin tones and helps makeup stay put. The lightweight primer beautifully refines one’s complexion. The translucent no-oil formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect the skin.
Direction to use:
- To use under makeup: Apply to clean, lightly moisturized skin. Pat on problem areas and blend with fingertips.
- To use over makeup: Pat on lightly over makeup and blend.
- PRIME IN THE A.M. — apply a thin layer to clean, lightly moisturized skin. Pat lightly from the center of the face outward with fingertips. Wait seconds, then apply makeup as usual.
- APPLY WHENEVER PORES COME OUT OF HIDING: If pores reappear, pat delicately on T-zone over makeup and blend.
- Beauty Tip: Apply a thin layer of the POREfessional PRO balm to clean, moisturized skin.
8. Sacelady Foundation Makeup Primer – Mattifying Pore Minimizing Primer Wrinkles and Smooth Fine Lines, Oil-Control for Face Primer Makeup Gel (Size:1.01Fl Oz, Color: Transparent)
This primer is a lightweight gel lotion formulated with special -effect silicone, which helps to minimize pores, oil-control and promote smooth texture, creating an invisible, long-lasting natural matte finish.
A silky gel emulsion is rich in natural ingredients to improve foundation or powder application.
- It fights against excess oil to ensure a matte makeup result.
- It helps to look natural and flawless as it contains a silicone gel base, Vitamin A, C & E.
- The non-oily formula evens out skin texture by minimizing wrinkles and fine lines.
- You will be thankful to your skin for looking flawless and resurfaced all day long.
- Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested
- Non-acnegenic for all skin types.
- It works best for sensitive skin.
- Freshening- refreshing gel texture, cream crystal clear, let the skin breathe easily.
- Smooth –makes skin smooth and delicate, while concealing pores, smooth feel.
- Oil-control- absorption of fat-containing oil control powder, reduce fine lines, remain bright makeup.
- Protection- protect skin from makeup and external damage.
- Invisible pores-invisible pores, makeup easy fixed and long-lasting.
Direction to use: dispense an appropriate amount, smooth evenly all over the face or to the desired areas after moisturizer (right before foundation) with fingertips smear with a circle on the zone that excretes too much oil or brush.
Apply as a foundation primer to create a bond that helps keep makeup on all day.
9. E.l.F. Poreless Face Primer Small .47 Ounce
2014 Life & Style Best of Beauty Award Winner! The Poreless Face Primer is your secret weapon to a flawless face. Your pores and imperfections disappear when the silky base is applied.
- Perfect your skin and lock in moisture with this tea tree- and vitamins A- & E-infused primer.
- This restorative base will give your face a baby-soft finish—filling in pores, imperfections, and wrinkles.
- It allows your foundation to do its job and not get stuck in the wrong places
- It also preps you for either a light-powder look or a full-makeup look—you decide.
- The primer can be used for eye, lip, and face.
- It is 100% vegan and free from phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol, ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone
Direction to use: Apply a small amount and blend evenly over your face prior to the application of foundation and/or concealer. This would give your makeup it all-day lasting ability.
10. No7 Airbrush Away Radiance Boosting Primer 1 oz
- This clever light-diffusing primer makes the skin look healthier, radiant and appears flawless like an airbrush finish.
- Leaves your skin perfectly smooth and even all day long.
- Direction to use: For best results smooth over moisturized skin and allow to absorb. This creates a skin-perfecting base to apply your foundation to.
Buyers’ Guide to Get the Best Primer for Deep Acne Scars
There are umpteen brands that make similar products in today’s day and age and one should not get confused looking at them. There should be an understanding as to what you want, what your skin needs or simply what the need of the hour is for you.
1. Primer Vs SP
If you already have a sunscreen lotion with a high SPF that you are comfortable with and can’t part with then the SPF based primers are not for you.
2. Skin type
Depending on the skin type you are the primer that’s best for you will change. Some primers work best with oily or combination skins and some work for all types. But be careful if you have sensitive skin because that is the case then your selection becomes more difficult.
Read the bottle carefully, there might be the presence of an ingredient that doesn’t suit you.
4. Primer for face, eye or lip
Different primers are available in the market which is used for different parts. Eg.the whole face, eyes, lips and even lashes. So you should read the label carefully.
5. Different primer for different problems
Different primers are available for different problems and all primers cannot be used in a universal manner.
6. Colour of Primer – What it does?
Sometimes the color of the primer signifies the reason of the primer is to be used for Clear primers are used to even skin tone when there are not many blemishes.
The colored primers work in a scientific way. The concept of the colour wheel comes into play and colors on one side of the wheel manage to correct the corresponding side. Some of the colors easily available in the market clear, yellow, lavender, green, blue, brown or even pink so be sure why you are purchasing the primer.
Explanation of how colored primers work-green primers would be used to cover red spots on the skin and blue or lavender would be used to neutralize the tiredness and unhealthy tones which are projected on the skin.
You may like: Best Birthmark Removal Creams – 2020
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Best Primer For Deep Acne Scars
1. Can primer be used without makeup?
Primer is a product that helps the makeup last longer and even out pores and wrinkles. You can use the primer for an even skin tone and look fresh on a daily basis. It is not mandatory to put any other product over the primer.
2. Which types of primers available in the market?
Face primers, eyelid primers, lip primers, lash primers and even nail primers
- Illuminating Primers: these give your skin extra radiance.
- Mattifying Primers: they are benefiting for oily skin.
- Long-Wearing Primers: Whilst all primers have the quality of making your makeup last longer, some are used to really increase the hold.
- Hydrating Primers: this is best for dehydrated skin
- Pore-minimizing Primers: these help the skin if one has large pores and an uneven skin tone.
3. What is the standard way to use a primer?
- Clean your face: Face should be clear, can be rinsed with water or you can use your favorite face wash.
- Take a few drops: it is to be used in small amounts. Too much will make your face messy application has to be on the entire face and evenly.
- Message in an outward motion: as most products work to start in the middle and massage outwards. The primer should be applied at the center of your cheek and using your fingertips (preferably), gently spread it in a circular fashion this will ensure even application.
- Allow it to dry: The primer is a lightweight product and dries almost instantaneously. But once applied give it a minute or so, adding another layer of makeup before primer is completely dry may not help you achieve your purpose.
Also Check: Best Korean Moisturiser for Acne-Prone Skin
Keeping your face clean, presentable and preferably glowing is the most important thing. Each face is unique and requires something different to hide the various blemishes. Primers for acne scars act as a finishing touch to your moisturized face making your face oil-free and smooth. Primers come in different colors to fight different problems. Apart from all these primers help your makeup last longer and stay intact. Depending on your skin type, skin sensitivity, skin tone, acne, wrinkles, pores or lines you can purchase the primer that would work best for you. But at the end of the day, you should not be misled by advertisements, you are your best judge and have a complete understanding of your own skin and its shortfalls. If in doubt consult a dermatologist.