Often do you find yourself wondering how your baby’s skin is so soft? Yes, their skin is soft and sensitive, as it is 30% thinner than our skin, which means it is also extremely vulnerable and prone to damage or dryness. You definitely would not expect your child to worry about their skin while they are playing or having an active lifestyle. It is your job to worry since you are the guardian.
Keeping kids clean and fresh while making sure their skin is nourished and healthy is a worrisome job. Also, there are kids who are not too fond of bath time. Keeping all this in mind, you have to make a wise decision of choosing the best baby soap that gets rid of dirt, germs and oil while being tear-free, chemical-free and is child-specific.
There are many baby bath products available now in the market that are specially made for kids and newborns making it easier for parents to fulfil all effective cleansing requirements. We have listed some of the best soaps for kids from these plethora of products that will help your baby maintain that soft skin they are naturally blessed with and may also work for the benefit of the adults in the house.
Best Baby Soap for Kids – Reviews
1. Best Overall: Dr. Woods Mild Bar Soap
Dr Woods has always been about families and their products are natural and of the highest quality. “All Things Good” is not just a label on their products, they truly pick the best ingredients that every family can afford and can use.
- This bar of soap is mild and fragrance-free that gives an effective cleansing very gently
- It is suitable for all skin type and is gluten-free.
- Vitamin A and E from Fair Trade Organic Shea Butter along with fatty acids soothe and gives your skin a balance.
- Dr Woods products are certified cruelty-free, and only believe in using sustainable and locally produced ingredients.
2. Best Organic Baby Soap: Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile
Dr Bronner’s products are socially and environmentally responsible, not just the soaps but the packaging as well. Most of the ingredients are organic or natural Fair Trade ingredients and are gentle on face, body and hair.
- Formulated with only vegan, all-natural ingredients that are environmentally friendly.
- Not a tear-free soap, but is suitable for sensitive and baby’s skin.
- Produces a luxurious lather that moisturizes the skin and keeps it from being dry.
- Free of synthetic fragrances and preservatives, dyes, chelating agents, foaming agents and thickeners.
- Soaps are biodegradable, cruelty-free and packaged with recycled wrappers.
3. Best Soap for Kids: Baby Dove Bar Rich Moisture
Formulated with ingredients that provide more than just a mild cleansing specifically for baby’s skin, Baby Dove Bar gives utmost care to the baby. This bar of soap has passed the test of dermatologists, paediatricians and ophthalmologists.
- It is a tear-free soap bar that is pH neutral and hypoallergenic.
- Moisturizes the skin and retains skin’s natural moisture with its 1/4th moisturizing cream.
- Prevents dryness of the skin and is perfect for daily use.
- Has a delicate fragrance and is free of parabens, dyes and phthalates.
4. Best Baby Bath Soap: Johnson's Baby Soap
Johnson & Johnson have been providing some of the best baby products for a long time now. They understand how important the skin of a baby is, hence make soaps that nourishes the skin of babies and makes it soft and supple.
- FDA registered, this soap is mild and safe for the sensitive skin of a baby.
- Enriched with Milk proteins and Vitamin A & E, the soap provides triple baby protection.
- Presence of milk lightens the skin color and provides hydration while fighting against dark spots.
- Free of SLS, dyes, parabens and alcohol.
5. Best Soap for Kids with Eczema: Shea Moisture Soap
Shea Moisture has given the perfect product that takes care of dryness, sensitive skin and skin conditions such as Eczema. It is a mild cleanser with a soft fragrance that is suitable for babies, especially if they have eczema or dry skin.
- Made of Raw Shea, Argan and Chamomile Oil, this soap is everything you need for a calm and comforting bath.
- It is a nutrient-rich bar that moisturizes and soothes the skin of your little one and you.
- There is no soapy residue and no itchiness if you have a dry skin.
- The soap has a lovely fragrance and keeps your baby smelling fresh the whole day.
6. Best Natural Baby Soap: Aveeno Soothing Bath Soap
Avoid or reduce itching and skin irritation caused by dry skin, rashes, oak, insect bites, poison ivy, eczema or sumac by using this soap. Recommended by paediatricians, this soothing bath cleanses the baby’s body gently.
- Relieves dry, itchy and irritated skin with its special combination of moisturizer and natural colloidal oatmeal.
- Provides eczema therapy while softening and smoothening the baby’s skin.
- Gentle on the eyes of the baby, fragrance-free and is an all-natural soap-free cleanser.
- Free of paraben, dye, steroid, phthalate and is suitable for sensitive skin of any age.
7. Best Soap for Children: LatifaArt Kids Soap
These handcrafted artisan soaps make bath time extremely fun for kids. The fragrances can be chosen from Melon, Mango, Orange, Blueberries and also the soap bars are shaped like different animals that make for great storytime during bath.
- Formulated with Dead Sea minerals and other natural ingredients, this soap is a kids favorite.
- Provides right nourishment for the skin with oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, calendula oil, palm, almond and aloe vera oil.
- The soap’s color comes from Natural Mica Color and is also naturally scented.
- Moisturizes the skin very well and does not dry the skin after its application.
8. Best Baby Soap for Dry Skin: Lavender Goat Milk Soap
This soap is extremely gentle on the skin of babies and is also great for adults with sensitive skin, or any skin type. Southern Natural soaps are all handmade using the cold processed method, with only natural ingredients.
- Skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, cracked fingers, rosacea or dry sensitive skin can find relief.
- Natural ingredients such as Goat’s Milk and Olive, Coconut, Palm and Lavender Essential Oils provide nourishment to the skin.
- Not just a baby soap, but can also be used by adults and teens as a shaving soap, face, hand or body soap.
- Provides a rich lather that cleans body effectively without drying the skin.
9. Johnsons Kids Easy-grip Soap
Help your child develop personal cleaning choices with Johnson’s Kids Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar. The color of this bar is bright so that it is easy to find it anywhere in the bathroom or the tub.
- The special pouch that comes with it makes the bar less messy.
- Great for small hands and easily graspable, also produces a rich moisturizing lather.
- Smells great like watermelon bubblegum and does not have the problem of a slippery soap.
10. Himalaya Moisturizing Baby Bar
This is a soothing, gentle cleansing bar that takes care of moisture of the baby’s skin. Tested by dermatologists, this soap bar is specially made for babies keeping in mind how easily their skin dries up.
- Get a supple, smooth, clean and moisturized skin after applying Himalaya Moisturizing Baby Bar.
- Presence of Olive Oil comforts chafing and nourishes the skin as it is enriched with Vitamin E.
- Presence of Almond Oil moisturizes the baby’s skin as it is an excellent skin softener.
- Free from parabens, dyes, synthetic colors and animal fats.
Suggested Read: Best Body Washes for Acne Prone Skin
Best Baby Soap – The Buyer’s Guide
As mentioned earlier, the products are many that are kid-centric but every parent wants the best for their kids, so how do you make sure you have exactly what your child’s skin needs? The following factors may help you in choosing the best soap for kids:
1. Mild and Gentle
Choose a soap bar that is free of harsh chemicals as it may cause rashes. Look for a soap whose formula is gentle and provides mild, gentle cleansing.
Since the skin of babies is much more sensitive, it is best to opt for hypoallergenic soaps. If your child is suffering from conditions such as eczema, dryness, rashes or other skin irritation, look for soaps labelled as hypoallergenic.
3. Avoid “Extra Lather” labelled soaps
Usually, the extra lather is a result of harsh chemicals in the formula. While your child may enjoy an extra foamy bath, the sudzing may not be from all-natural ingredients, hence do not make a choice based on how much lather a soap produces.
Strong smelling soaps again may be a result of harsh chemicals and synthetic fragrances added artificially. It might cause rashes or skin irritation, hence it is best to choose fragrance-free or naturally scented soaps.
Avoid toxic chemicals such as propylene, glycol, alcohol. Choose soap with natural ingredients such as shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, aloe vera oil, honey, milk, almond oil, cocoa butter etc.
Also Read: Best Antibacterial Soap for Body Odor
FAQs Related To Best Baby Soap
1. How do I know which are the best soaps for kids?
Consider the Buyer’s Guide mentioned above which lists all factors that you can consider before buying the best soap for your kid.
2. How do I cure my kid’s eczema?
Choose a soap that is hypoallergenic and also has rich moisturizing powers. The soap should help retain skin’s moisture.
3. Is extra lather soap better than normal soaps?
Not really. Usually, the extra lather is a result of infused chemicals. Lather should not be a tempting factor when you choose a soap.
4. What are some tips on bathing a baby?
Sponge baths are good, gentle scrubbing of creases should be done with a gentle cleanser, after washing, cover the baby up with a hypoallergenic dry towel.
5. What kind of ingredients in a bar of soap are good for baby?
Avoid harsh chemicals at any cost and opt for natural ingredients such as olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, almond oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, milk and honey etc.
Also Check: Best Body Wash & Soaps for Psoriasis
It is natural and a must to want the best for our child and it should not be any other way. Protecting their skin is our responsibility, so it is important we remember that we cannot wash our kids with the soaps that adults in the house use. Keeping their active lifestyle yet sensitive skin in mind, you can make a choice from many soaps that are kid-specific. Soaps with natural ingredients are becoming everyone’s favorite as it is a safe bet and often benefits the skin in unimaginable ways. It is not too hard anymore to pick a favorite from the best soaps for kids that are made in the market.