Pregnancy is not the easiest of times for any woman. But the changes are just not as simple as a belly expanding. It is your skin that also undergoes several changes while you are pregnant. The changes in the skin, however, are not ones that you can endure easily. The problem here is that your skin becomes susceptible to dryness and rashes more often during pregnancy. Even more so, if your skin is already sensitive and prone to breakouts of dry patches and rashes, then the issue becomes manifold troublesome. The cause of these bursts of dryness is the changes your body is undergoing on a hormonal level. Often these changes can also trigger acne on the face, which is why proper skincare products are now available to put a restraint on the acne and dryness which your skin suffers from during pregnancy.
These face washes are specially designed to be friendly with your sensitive skin. The list of safe face washes during pregnancy given below contains some of the products which have been made keeping the needs of pregnant women in mind and are able to provide the maximum protection to you and your skin while containing none of the ingredients which could be hazardous to you or your child.
Here’s the List of Safe Face Washes During Pregnancy
1. Insta Natural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
The Insta Natural Facial cleanser is mostly comprised of natural and organic products, such as Aloe and Vitamin C, and can be used by people with all types of skin. The organic composition makes it friendly for pregnant women, and also works as an anti-aging and hydrating product, keeping your skin free of any dryness or irritation, while keeping it protected from any bacteria as well. Overall, the best face wash for pregnancy.
- Keeps the skin bright and hydrated
- Organic components – Aloe Vera, Coconut Water, Sugar Cane extracts
- Does not contain any hazardous and prohibited contents
2. Attitude Blooming Belly Face Cleanser
The Blooming Belly Face Cleanser specifically targets pregnant women, with its chosen ingredients which provide the to-be mothers with the maximum protection and care for their skin. The Face Cleanser here is from their line-up of products manufactured for women expecting children and is completely healthy for pregnant women. The face cleanser helps you keep your facial skin vibrant and hydrated. It’s one of the safest face wash to use during pregnancy.
- Contains argan oil – organic composition
- EWG Verified product – free of any hazardous components
- Silky lather, with ‘apple-blossom’ fragrance
3. Christina Moss Organic Facial Wash
The Christina Moss Face Wash, as the name suggests, is organic in its total sense – and can be the ideal product for anyone with sensitive skin, not just pregnant women. The Face Wash helps in the recovery of the skin cells, and at the same time cleanses the pores in the skin. The Hypoallergenic product is a perfect face wash for pregnant women hoping to keep their faces clean and skin hydrated.
- Organic products – Aloe Vera. Olive Fruit and coconut oil
- No chemical preservatives or synthetic fragrance
- Concentrated formula – lasting use
4. Belli Pure and Pampered Body Wash
This is not just a simple face wash, rather it can be used on the entire body. The used composition makes it easy for pregnant women to use it carefree on their skin for optimum protection and hydration, without damaging the natural skin oil barrier. The organic composition includes extracts from cucumbers for anti-oxidants and other green tea extracts, as well as lavender essential oils.
- Can be used as a body as well as a face wash
- Safe, non-toxic formula with gentle effects on skin
- Allergy tested and free of paraben
5. Maternal Anti-Blemish Face Wash
The Maternal Anti-Blemish Face Wash works a gentle charm on the skin of pregnant women, being effective on all types of skin. It is also friendly on all skin types, as well as hypoallergenic. The product uses a vegan formula and is perfect for your skin while you are undergoing hormonal changes. With no irritable effects on your sensitive skin, this product is no wrong choice, with no chemical-based components.
- Vegan product – a plant-based formula
- Free of paraben, and phthalate
- Perfect for pregnant women with sensitive skin
6. Alba Botanica Facial Cleanser
The Alba Botanica Facial Cleanser provides the user with a rich complexion for the skin with its natural components. The organic composition makes it healthy for all forms of skin. The papaya enzymes used in the product are perfect combatants against impurities in the skin, while other extracts from plants such as aloe vera and hibiscus work towards enriching the skin of the user, making it an ideal choice for a pregnant woman worried about her drying skin.
- Hypoallergenic product, with balanced pH levels
- Does not contain any harsh minerals or chemicals
- Contains tropical oils for the nourishment of skin
7. Aveeno Ultra Calming Gel Cleanser
The Aveeno products have always been known to be friendly to the skin of the user, and this one, in particular, is especially friendly on the sensitive skin of the users. The product has a nourishing formula, with plenty of organic extracts used to make it a natural product, with no potential damage to the skin of a pregnant woman. With a gentle effect on the skin with cleansing, it is also plausible to use it on a daily basis.
- Does not contain any soap or fragrance
- Nourishing Oat extracts for soothing and hydrated skin
- Hypoallergenic, allergy tested
8. Tree to Tub Face Wash
The product used Soapberry for providing the users with cleansing capabilities in a natural manner. The Tree to Tub Face wash contains several natural products, such as Aloe Vera, Chamomile and other organic soothing products, which makes the product balanced in its pH levels. The resultant product is gentle on the skin and provides appropriate cleansing of the facial skin. The product is absolutely vegan, with completely plant-based composition, ideal for your skin during pregnancy.
- No additives, or fragrances
- Ideal for following skin conditions – eczema, psoriasis, sensitive skin, etc.
- No additional chemicals included
9. Neutrogena Naturals Facial Cleanser
- 6-fluid ounce pump bottle of Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser gently removes impurities and helps improve complexion for fresh, clear skin
- Contains natural salicylic acid from willowbark bionutrients to remove dirt, oil and makeup, and penetrates deep to help detoxify and cleanse without leaving behind pore-clogging residue
- From the dermatologist-recommended brand, the pore face wash is formulated with 90% naturally derived ingredients and is sulfate-, paraben-, petrolatum-, dye- and phthalate-free
- Suitable for acne-prone skin, this daily facial cleanser is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores
Just like Aveeno, Neutrogena also is known for the quality of their skincare products. This Facial Cleanser is particularly friendly for people with sensitive skin. The organic composition if ideal for not causing any harm to your skin during pregnancy, while the rejuvenating formula leaves behind healthy, glowing skin. Added glycerine allows for smoother texture on the skin while keeping the moisture on the skin intact.
- Does not contain any additive phosphates, sulfates or paraben
- Suitable for acne-ridden skin, and does not clog the skin pores
10. Visha Skincare Purifying Cleanser
Using this cleanser allows you to get rid of the polluting residue settled into your skin, without damaging the pH levels of the skin of the user. The composition used here allows putting a stop on the hormonal breakouts in the skin, reducing the irritating sensation usually caused. It contains mild fruit extracts and Vitamin B5, used to curb the inflammation of the skin and rashes due to dryness of the skin.
- Perfect for exfoliation and cleansing of the skin
- Does not contain any additives such as paraben or sulfates
Suggested Read: Best Body Wash for Pregnancy
Best Face Wash for Pregnancy – Buyer’s Guide
Skin during pregnancy for a woman is a very sensitive issue – particularly because the skin itself becomes increasingly sensitive. Choosing a skincare product in such conditions is a difficult task, and extreme caution should be examined. Some products used in these skincare cleansers are naturally to be avoided, such as all forms of strong and hazardous chemicals. It is ideal to use organic and nature-based products when you are undergoing pregnancy. It is ideal to check these two factors when selecting your ideal facewash.
No soap or chemical components
The soap-based formula is to be generally avoided when you are pregnant, since they rid the skin of the user with the natural oils, causing it to become prone to dryness. Doing so would lead to rashes becoming more frequent and worse. Additionally, besides soap-based compounds, it is also advised to ignore the products which contain any harmful components in it. It may be a difficult task, but it is definitely not impossible since many products now cater to the needs of pregnant women by keeping their products effective, yet free of any harmful chemical compounds.
Organic Compounds are the best
Products like Aloe Vera and Green tea extracts are known to have plenty of skin benefits for the user. It is advised to use the products which heavily rely on these components, since they are the best for all forms of skin, ranging from dry, oily to even sensitive skin. They are ideal ingredients that offer cleansing without damaging the skin.
FAQs Related to Safe Face Washes for Pregnancy
1. How often should pregnancy face wash be used?
It is advised to not use the face wash too often, since overusing it, even with organic products, can lead to increased dryness of the skin. It is ideal to use it no more than twice a day, to avoid frequent dryness and acne.
2. Can pregnancy face wash help in acne and redness of skin?
Most pregnancy face wash comprises of organic products such as aloe vera and coconut oils, which can greatly help in enhancing skin health. These products can thus, help in common skin ailments as well.
3. Is it really important to use pregnancy face wash?
The inclination is totally based on personal preference; however, most dermatologists advise to not resort to chemicals for washing skin. Unlike the chemical-based soaps and face washes, these products shall not be harmful to you.
4. What are the ideal components for a pregnancy face wash?
Chemicals shall always be a no go for pregnancy face washes; thus, it is best for vegan or organic products which nourish the skin and not cause dryness over frequent use.
The above list of safe face washes during pregnancy is presented after hours of research. Hormonal fluctuations will not be much of a worry, provided you have chosen the product which is right for you. Acne is one such skin condition, which you will need to look out for. Skincare during pregnancy is something which you should never ignore and these products can lend you a hand in keeping these skin conditions and dryness at bay and have a confident and successful pregnancy. If it is possible, scout products which are baby-friendly, to account for the fact that some of this product may even be absorbed by the skin.