Healthy skin starts with clean skin. Flawless radiant skin is what every woman dreams of. The pollution and hectic lifestyle of people nowadays has made it impossible for everyone to have clear skin. The accumulated dirt and sweat in the poles of our face often lead to skin problems like acne pimples and bumps. These breakouts lead to nasty scars that can diminish the beauty of your face. Some of the scars left behind by these breakouts can take years to heal or even fade. The unaesthetic look of those scars can haunt you for years at an end. Scar lightening creams help out in the situations by working specifically on those dark spots.
Below, we have recommended some of the best scar lightening creams for you. Let’s have a look at them:
Best Scar Lightening Creams
1. AsaVea Advanced Whitening and Brightening cream
AsaVea advanced brightening and whitening cream is one of the safe and gentle scar lightening creams that are effective on dark spots and patches as well.
- It is so safe that it can even be used on sensitive areas of the body like the intimate area and the underarm area.
- The hydrolyzed collagen in the formula of this cream helps to repair the skin through regeneration.
- The cream removes dark spots and the appearance of open pores.
- It has glycerol as an ingredient so that the active ingredients do not strip your skin of its natural oils and helps it to look smooth soft and supple.
- It lightens scars and dark spots and nourishes the skin from within.
2. Honeydew Best Scar Cream for Face
The Honeydew Best scar cream uses natural ingredients and botanical extracts for working deep into your skin and lightening the scars effectively.
- It uses natural extracts that are there in scientifically enhanced to lighten the dark scars, stretch marks, and spots on the face.
- It is gentle and safe for use on sensitive skin as it has silicon-free, paraben-free and cruelty-free formula and does not use irritating chemicals which can cause skin problems.
- The content of rosehip oil has vitamin A and fatty acids which reduce the appearance of dark spots and marks and the antioxidants protect it from further damage.
- The coconut oil, cocoa butter, and vitamin E restore moisture in the skin making it radiant.
3. Divine Derriere Intimate Skin Lightening Gel
The power-packed formula of the divine Derriere Intimate Skin Lightening Gel lightens the appearance of dark spots on the skin on all parts of the body. This work wonders as scar lightening creams.
- It is safe enough to be used even on sensitive areas like underarms, genitals, and nipples.
- The plant-based and natural active ingredients having carefully engineered to lighten the skin effectively.
- The mulberry extract and arbutin are skin whitening ingredients and show the effect of scar lightening.
- It can also act as a bleaching cream for intimate areas like vaginal and anal areas as well. So that expensive and embarrassing appointments at salons can be avoided.
4. Mederma Quick Dry Oil
The Mederma Quick Dry Oil is a trusted brand worldwide. It is recommended by dermatologists for scar lightening because of its wonderful healing and lightening properties.
- Mederma Quick Dry Oil is a unique cream that combines Zeppelin with botanical extracts to create a formula that is fast-absorbing and fast-acting.
- It is extremely light on the skin and it helps to lighten the scars, dark spots, stretch marks, and dry skin.
- The mederma oil is paraben, mineral oil, dye, and fragrance-free formula make it a perfect fit for people with sensitive skin.
- Natural ingredients like rosehip oil, coconut oil, and chamomile the skin and lighten the appearance of dark spots and scars.
5. VOTALA Scar Removal Cream
The VOTALA Scar Removal Cream is a versatile skin lightening cream that can work on acne scars and stretch marks to c section scar marks and surgery marks as well.
- It works wonderfully for all skin types be it normal, oily, dry, sensitive or combination skin type.
- The scar removal cream has high claims of working on all kinds of scars. They come with a 100% money-back guarantee to ensure their attention towards customer satisfaction.
- It is gentle on the skin and does not cause any damage to it with harsh chemicals.
- It improves the overall appearance, texture, and brightness of the skin.
6. ToullGo Anti Acne Cream
The ToullGo Anti Acne Cream claims to be the best at-home cream for acne scars and dark skin lightening.
- It penetrates deep into the skin to work on the acne scars which have left marks from within and lightens them with use.
- ToullGo anti-acne cream is responsible for cell regeneration on the skin. so the dark, old skin can be replenished with fresher, lighter skin.
- It does not need to be applied to the entire skin as a topical application. It can be applied to specific or targeted areas to work on the scars and its appearance.
- The cream is gentle and safe for all skin types.
7. MD Performance Ultimate Scar Formula
The MD Performance Ultimate Scar Formula is a dermatologist-recommended cream for scar lightening and removal. The cream works on a variety of scars like acne, C-section, surgery, and injuries.
- The ultimate scar formula has been made with 100% medical grade silicone. That is used for reducing the appearance of dark scars on it.
- It has been dermatologically tested by doctors, physicians, and plastic surgeons to prove its effective action on the scars.
- The non-allergenic and non-toxic formula used to prepare this cream. Which makes it safe to be used on adults as well as kids with all kinds of skin types.
- When applied twice a day on a regular basis, it starts to show its effect in 4 to 6 weeks.
8. Tetyana naturals Scar Removal Cream
The Tetyana naturals Scar Removal Cream is proof that natural scar lightening creams can be powerful as well with its mind-blowing ability to reduce new and old scars on the skin.
- It is gentle on the skin and nourishes it while doing its work of lightning scars.
- It has been made from natural extracts due to which it is better for the skin. The cream gives it the necessary nourishment which makes the skin softer and brighter.
- Tetyana Cream is safe to be used on all skin types, especially people with sensitive skin as it has hypoallergenic properties.
- it removes the darker skin from the area affected and around it for re-growth of new, lighter skin.
9. KELODA Scar & Keloid Removal Butter Stick with SPF30 Sunscreen
The KELODA Scar & Keloid Removal Butter Stick with SPF30 Sunscreen is an ultra-modern scar lightening cream with sunscreen infused in its formula to provide total care and protect the skin from further damage.
- It has been specially formulated by board-certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons for an effective formula.
- This stick butter also has sunscreen in it. so that it can protect the skin from being harmed by the sun after the use of scar lightening cream.
- It is made up of all-natural skin nourishing ingredients like shea butter and cocoa butter.
- The SPF 30 in it makes it a handy product to have when traveling or going outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Best Scar Lightening Creams:
1. What ingredients do scar lightening creams use?
There are a number of natural and chemical ingredients used by different brands for preparing the formula of their scar lightening creams. One of the most widely used scar lightening ingredients is kojic acid. It is light on the skin. The proper concentration of this element can effectively lighten the scars in a couple of weeks depending upon the intensity of the scar.
The other chemical element used for scar lightening is hydroquinone. This ingredient is quite controversial as it is suspected to be a carcinogen that causes kidney and liver problems with regular use. Some creams might also use the herbal formula which has lemon extracts, aloe vera or extracts of some other naturally scar lightening plant.
2. Is it necessary to use a cream for effectively lightening scars?
No, it is not necessary to use a cream for scar lightening. It usually depends upon how dark your scar is which body part is on and the consultation of your doctor or physician. There are many options available for scar lightening. There are some surgeries available for acne scar removal and for some other scars on the body. This is quite expensive and it takes some time to heal.
Other than that, chemical peels and dermabrasions are also available. These options are expensive as well and they can be quite harsh on the skin which will require some time to heal from it as well.
4. Why should I go for scar lightening creams over any other method of scar removal?
It is true that scar lightening creams work slowly and they can take much more time in reducing the appearance of scars in comparison to some other methods. Yet it provides the most safety to your skin as it is not strong to damage the skin. The scar lightening creams have low to moderate concentration of lightening ingredients because of which they are not harsh on the skin.
Moreover, they can be applied as a spot treatment that is only on the area affected by the scar. The rest of the skin does not have to be involved in this process. The creams available for scar treatment are much cheaper in comparison to the other methods and in the long term, they do not cause skin problems.
5. How long after the surgery can I use scar lightening creams?
Typically found minor surgery anyone can apply a star lightening cream on the affected area after 2 to 3 weeks. This is the minimum period that should be given to your body to heal the area. The quantity of the cream should be less if it is being applied after surgery as strong chemicals and formula can do more harm than good. One thing that should be kept in mind is never to use any scar lightening cream after surgery without consulting with your doctor.
5. Are scar lightening creams safe to use?
Yes, scar lightening creams are safe to use. They have a formula made with the legal concentration of skin lightening ingredients used in it. There are some chemicals like hydroquinone which can cause health issues in the future but a light concentration of it is safe. It is legal in some countries and highly effective as well.
Scar Lightening Cream Buyer’s Guide
Picking out the wrong scar lightening cream can cause damage and long term troubles to your skin like redness sensitivity and peeling. There are some factors that should always be kept in mind before choosing a scar lightening cream. Some of these factors are:
When it comes to your skin, you have to be extra careful about what you apply to it. Some brands have scar lightening creams with skin irritants in their formula. The usage of low-quality ingredients in these creams can greatly damage your skin. Some brands also make dupes of other successfully established brands. That is why you have to be careful about duplicate and original brands. Original ones are dermatologically recommended.
2. The concentration of active ingredients
The strength of the active ingredients in the formula determines how powerfully the cream will work on your skin. But it does not mean that an extremely high concentration will do well. It can lead to redness and peeling under the skin. That is why you should always start with a low concentration formula and gradually work your way to a higher one.
When you know which element and what concentration of the element to go for, price becomes the next factor. A number of creams are available in the market, both offline and online, with a wide range of prices. Always look at the quality of the product when you are determining the price. Just because a product is expensive does not mean that it definitely will help in lightening scars.
These are the best scar lightening creams that have proved to be the most effective and popular among the people. A great mix of natural and chemical agents is used in the preparation of these creams provide a variety of options to choose from for the users.
Never forget to consult your doctor or dermatologist before using scar lightening creams. Use these on your skin to get a flawless, radiant complexion that is free from scars and spots.