Oily skin can be problematic as it is one of the main factors for acne and breakouts. There is often a myth that oily skin should not use moisturizers, which is completely wrong. Moisturizers specific for oily skin are available especially when you are looking into Korean beauty products.
The idea of these moisturizers is to control the sebum production of the skin. The moisturizer should also help in closing large open pores and excessive oil production. Korean beauty or K-beauty products don’t just provide all these necessary benefits but also provide other benefits such as anti-aging, healthy balance, hydration of skin, etc.
Most of the K-beauty products are nature-inspired with a lot of natural oils, fruit, and botanical extracts. The Korean moisturizers are also lightweight and oil-free packed with ingredients that hydrate the skin such as Aloe Vera and Hyaluronic Acid. So, when you know how beneficial beauty products are from this part of the country, how do you decide what to choose? This article will help you in finding the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin which will make your skin healthier.
10 Best Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin – Reviews
1. MIZON Snail Repair Moisturizer Cream
This all-in-one moisturizer will take care of your wrinkles, repair your irritated skin, reduce dullness and will make your skin tone brighter. The absorption is quick as the formula is lightweight.
- 92% of snail mucus extract rejuvenates and helps in restoring damaged skin
- Fragrance-free, free of artificial colors, parabens and is perfect for sensitive skin
- Ingredients like Centella Asiatica (plants extract) soothes the skin
- Snail slime contains Copper Peptides that heals wounds and wrinkles
2. Nature Republic Super Aqua Watery Cream
A 3 series product line- Fresh, Moisture and Combination gives you the option of choosing what is best for your skin type. Get a fresh feel and the lightweight feeling with this cream.
- Moisture gets pumped because of the Aqua Capture System present in the cream
- Ingredients such as Portulaca oleracea and licorice extract helps in making the oily skin tight
- Seawater extracted from depths of 3,000ft around Kona, Hawaii is used for its making
3. ETUDE HOUSE Korean Gel Moisturizer
Applying this cream at the last step of the basic skincare routine will help your skin bounce like jelly and will keep it hydrated. You will end up having a gelatinous-looking skin without any sticky feeling.
- Has a proven record of Super Collagen water effect for 120 hours.
- With a proper application for 5 days, hydrated skin layers are visible.
- Even after 12 hours, your skin will have a jelly-like appearance and will appear glossy
- Ingredients such as 63.4% Super Collagen Water, Baobab Oil, and New Aqua Stream Complex makes this product worth it.
- The best gel moisturizer for oily acne prone skin.
4. LilyAna Naturals Korean Face Wash for Oily Skin
This best anti aging moisturizer for oily skin will make you feel younger by several years. It is great for all skin types including sensitive skin. It works its magic on fine lines and wrinkles and also repairs damaged skin, hyper-pigmentation redness and scaring.
- This best Korean night cream will reduce wrinkles and soften the skin while reducing dry patches
- Premium ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Orange Extract, Rose Distillate, Vitamin C & E makes the skin radiant
- It can be applied on the neck, under the eyes and décolletage for hydrating the skin
- Sensitive skin type and combination skin can use this product for enjoying its anti-aging properties
5. Nature Republic Moisture Aloe Vera Gel
This slightly scented Aloe Vera gel has provided wonderful results to oily skin. Inspired by nature and the organic ingredients make the skin supple and soft while reducing the large openings of pores. When pores are reduced, acne eventually stops from getting active.
- 92% of aloe vera gel moisturizes the skin beautifully
- A little application of this goes a long way and it really helps in reducing the dryness
- This Korean gel moisturizer is more of a toner and a skin tightening product
- Overall, the best gel moisturizer for oily skin.
6. Korean Skin Care K Beauty by SeoulCeuticals
With daily usage of this serum, you can expect to see the results you have been aiming for in 3 weeks. The serum helps in clearing up acne and prevent breakouts by shrinking up pores. It even works great under Korean makeup. Hence it’s one of the top moisturizers for oily skin out there in the market.
- The potent, active ingredients reduce fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles
- Sunspots reduce because of the presence of Vitamin C which makes the complexion appear youthful
- Even helps in minimizing acne scars along with reducing the number of breakouts
- Apply this product as a part of your daily skincare routine as the last step and you will see the visible result soon
7. Organic Face Moisturizer by Awake Human
Enjoy this non-greasy moisturizer that is made of natural elements. Tested for over a year with 44 prototypes, this moisturizer makes sure the largest organ of your body, that is the skin, stay refreshed and hydrated.
- 92% of this formula is made of Organic Jojoba, Safflower Oils, Aloe Vera, Sweet Almond and Green Tea Extract
- The skin ends up with a matte feeling and is perfect for all skin types including sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Cruelty-free, non-comedogenic and is made fresh in small batched, weekly
- This organic face moisturizer hydrates the skin for a long period of time and keeps it conditioned
- Probably the best Korean skincare for oily skin
8. MARLOWE. No. 123 Men’s Facial Moisturizer
Get that anti-aging and moisturizing effects for dry or oily skin with this moisturizer. It is lightweight and is a great daily use for men to revitalize skin. The natural, refreshing scent is quite a crowd puller.
- Extracts from Green Tea, Willow Bark, Passionflower and Deep-Sea Algae repairs, soothes and moisturizes inflamed or damaged skin
- Being a water-based lotion, it’s a light moisturizer for oily skin.
- Free of paraben and phthalate and is also cruelty-free
9. Dr’s Cosmetic Bio+N Barrier Anti Aging Cream
An intensive moisturizing cream that hydrates the skin and provides all-day moisture reducing lines and wrinkles is what you need. This cream provides a strong barrier and protects the skin. It is suitable for skin types that are dry, cracked, sensitive and combination skin. It’s the best cheap moisturizer for oily skin that featured on our list.
- 85% of bio-mineral water present is responsible for moisturizing and hydrating the skin
- It is free of Alcohol, Paraben, Synthetic Color, Mineral Oil, Silicone, Phenoxyethanol and other harsh chemicals
- Hypoallergenic and Artificial Scent Free that works well for skin with Eczema, Rosacea Care and Psoriasis
10. Paula’s Choice Gel Moisturizer
Do not worry about heavy thick moisturizers anymore as Paula’s Choice Gel will provide light moisture while keeping your skin type in mind. The gel is non-greasy and gives an instant refreshing smoother skin. Definitely, the best gel moisturizer for oily skin to choose from.
- Skin discolorations and pores are minimized because of Vitamin C and niacinamide
- Oat extracts and Licorice extracts are the ingredients that soothe skin
- The rich blend of antioxidants present helps in anti-aging and protects skin against environmental factors
Best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin – The Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to Korean Beauty products, the variety may leave you overwhelmed. Just the moisturizers itself are formulated in many forms such as lotion, cream, gel, emulsion, etc and the brands can use varied terms. So, if you have oily skin, it is crucial to choose a moisturizer that will not provoke your skin further. Learn about the varied terms that are used and choose for yourself the best Korean moisturizer for oily acne prone skin.
Gel-like liquids to milky texture are some of the forms of emulsions. They are more absorbing than creams, are lighter than heavy cream but are actually heavier than serum. Most of the ingredients used are water-based or oil-based and these emulsions replenish and balance the oil of the skin and capture moisture.
Thicker than emulsions yet thinner than regular creams, lotions are also made of water-based ingredients with oil components added to it. Absorption is quicker than most of the regular creams, hence it can be used on oily skin.
With higher oil content, creams protect the barrier of the skin. When used as the last step in your skincare routine, creams act as an amazing defense barrier against environmental aggressors and heat. It is suitable for dry skin mostly.
These extra-thick, hydrating creams made of premium waxes, oils and kinds of butter are great for extreme weather conditions. They are heavier than most thick creams and can be used in small amounts for affected areas.
Korean Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin
Tired of excess sebum production in your skin and battling acne, pores and oily skin every day? Here’s the step by step Korean skincare routine for oily and acne prone skin.
- Use Foam Cleanser
Cleanse with right the foam that will not only moisturize but also make your skin make up free before any Korean skincare regime.
- Use Toner
Next comes the face toner, which would tone the skin evenly and unclogs the pores that make the nutritional factors to penetrate the skin.
- Use Snail Moisturizer
Sounds strange? Having snail essence and touch in the moisturizer would make your surface smooth and firm with proteins, elastins, glycolic acid and hyaluronic acid also preventing aging and wrinkles.
- Use Sunscreen
Applying sunscreen before going out in the sun, especially during summers would benefit any oily skin. Ensure to use aqua based sunscreen that won’t dry your skin and will also protect you from further pores and spots.
- Use Oil cleanser
This step has to be considered in the evening that will assure you of removing all makeup and oil products that have been on your skin since morning.
- Use Toner with BHA
Again, go up with toner after complete cleansing and removal of products from your skin making it ready it for further routine and radiant.
- Using Moisturizer
No, you don’t need a snail moisturizer in the evening, just ensure to use a heavy-duty moisturizer that would never leave your skin dry, patchy or oily.
- Use Acne Patches
Indeed, you can use an eye cream to hydrate your eye areas and also to protect you from aging and wrinkles before acne patching. Just place the acne patches on your pores, acne, and blemishes, as they work when the pimple is already popped.
- Face Sheet Mask
A face sheet mask would be the final step in your entire Korean skin care routine for oily skin. Using a sheet mask just once a week would totally do its wonders on your oily skin.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Best Korean Skin Care Products for Oily Skin
1. What kind of ingredients in a moisturizer should be used for oily skin?
It is best to stick to water-based, oil-free, lightweight moisturizers. Light emulsions with nourishing oils, linoleic acid, hemp seed oil, safflower oil, etc can be used.
2. Are Korean masks good for oily skin?
Clay masking and sheet masking are useful. Clay masks provide a matte look and unclogs excess sebum, and sheet masks amp up hydration level of skin reducing sebum production.
3. Is oil cleansing beneficial for oily skin?
Yes, as the right kind of oils reduce and removes excess sebum production without drying the skin out. In fact, putting oils helps in regulating the skin’s natural oil. Look out for Jojoba oil and Geranium Essential Oil.
4. What factors should I consider before buying a Korean Moisturizer?
The best Korean moisturizer for oily skin should be lightweight, oil-free, water-based ingredients, exfoliators and one that comes with SPF for sun protection.
5. What are humectants, emollients, and occlusives in K-moisturizers?
Humectants absorb and hold on to water in the deepest layers of the skin. Emollients, or moisturizing agents, help in filling the gap between skin flakes and skin cells. Occlusives protect the moisture by forming a protective barrier.
Do not consider your oily skin as an unconquerable problem. Yes, the excess oil can be overbearing but there are products which Korean geniuses are creating for all the skin types. Using the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin with the right kind of ingredients that controls the oil and sebum production will go a long way. Some of the top moisturizers for oily skin not just work on reducing the oiliness but also help in reducing acne scars and prevents excessive breakouts. If daily Korean skincare routine for oily skin is followed and instructions of the products are followed you soon will see results and there would be no stopping you from achieving that shiny, healthy skin.